Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Faith in EVGA just dropped

Default Re: Faith in EVGA just dropped

You can try submitting an rma and see if it gets approved. Their page says, "All products not registered within 30 days will ONLY receive a 1 year limited warranty", though.

Make sure their isn't any tiny scratches on the pcb. That is grounds for denied claim even if A)it came to you that way and/or B) The card is already electronically dead anyway, lol.

Unregistering all of your cards seems a bit far - if something breaks again, you'd rather a cosmetically damaged replacement than nothing, right?
    _

You don't seem to get it.

If this card dies they won't give me a replacement card. The cards warranty is void because of the scratch on the pcb. They will either A) charge me the cost to ship the card back to me or B) charge me for a brand new card. Those would be my options.

This was my problem with what they were saying to me. They said I could RMA the card, but if it did have PCB damage then it was on me (either of the options above).

I unregistered my cards so I wouldn't be tempted to go through this headache again. I'd rather put out the money for a brand new card than forget that this card they just sent me effectively has zero warranty.

I see all of that, but you don't seem to get my point

I understand that you don't want to go through a headache again, but let's say that one of your cards that you've unregistered breaks.

You can:
    -Send it back and get a ****ty but functional replacement with no warranty from EVGA (if you get a decent one, it's a happy bonus).
    Or
    -Spend your money on a new one.

Surely, as long as you expect the worst from their warranty process, it's an easy decision?
    _

Oh, I see. I had made reference to more than one card. The only other card I have with them is an old 8800GTS. I'm pretty sure my brother in Florida is running that card anyway, so it wasn't really affecting me to remove it from the list. I had meant to before that.

Sorry about that. Now, I only had two cards registered with them. I have a few others that I had forgotten to register, so no dice there either. But, they've gotten thousands each year from friends, relatives, etc that I referred to them. Hopefully their experiences will go better.

I realize I had made it sound like I had a bunch of cards registered. Sorry about that. The only one of importance was the one I had sent in. The others are as mentioned.

ATX Mental Case RogueOpportunist's Avatar

I'm pretty sure if you read the warranty card their warranty only includes a single replacement anyways... At least that is the case with most warranties and didn't EVGA stop the lifetime thing? I thought they only had a max 5 year warranty now?

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

They have different warranty periods for different lines, ranging from 90-day to lifetime. The most common warranty terms I've seen with computer component manufacturers concerning warranty coverage of replacements is that they are warrantied for the duration of the original warranty...I can't find any mention of that part of the warranty for EVGA though.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Replacements under EVGA's RMA Service will always follow the original product's warranty based on the original purchase date.
    Think that is what you were looking for.