Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have Diabetes :(

Default Re: I have Diabetes :(

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Oh also I forgot. No matter what a stripper tells you, there is no sex in the champagne room.
    LOL

sorry you are sick but this should make you laugh and feel better
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hNu1I9r_1A

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    sorry you are sick but this should make you laugh and feel better
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hNu1I9r_1A
    I am ashamed I didn't think of this first

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Sorry to hear that CJ; that sucks. That said, my mom was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes a few years, and since she started managing her diet and lifestyle to keep the diabetes under control she has been a lot happier and had a lot more energy. Hopefully this will have a similar positive turn for you.

...oh, and yeah...the first thing I think of whenever I hear about diabetes is still Wilford Brimley..
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

i think you need to cut out a lot of the sugar and sugar based substances like sucrose,glucose,fructose (HFCS),cane sugar, brown sugar, GM sugar and black girls callin your "Sugah"

I think you also want to take the pills and not injections as you'll become dependent on the injections and there's also some other reasons.

excerise,excerise,excerise and that'll help get your bsl's in check, i might goto wal-greens or a local pharmacy and get yourself a diabetes tester, the digital ones are really sweet, the pharmacy tech ought to be able to help you to understand how to use them, but they are pretty straight forward, but that'll help you manage your Bsl while you get that appointment with your doctor.

I might also call his a@# back and tell him its a emergency visit because of the nature of the diagnosis and see if he can fit you in a little sooner then next month.

this might also help

http://diabetes.webmd.com/how-sugar-affects-diabetes

I'm no doctor and i don't have a great understanding of diabetes. but i can say 400+ is a almost ridiculous number.

The American Diabetes Association's goals for glucose control in people with diabetes are sugar levels of 70 to 130 mg/dL before meals, and less than 180 mg/dL after meals.

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

I checked my blood sugar levels 4 times yesterday. The first time was when I first woke up, it was at 120ish, then around 11am which was about 30 min after a snack of an apple and 0 calorie poweraid. It was around 200ish then. I ate a subway club on wheat for lunch and around 3pm my blood sugar was around 190. Last night 2.5 hours after a dinner of Grilled chicken breast, corn on the cob, and some green beans it was 183.

45 minutes ago it was at 105. I have set up a diabetes friendly meal plan for the next 2 weeks. I am sure some of it is not 100% good for me but until I discuss it with a dietitian I wont have a solid plan that's 100% ok. I am moving to a 6 meal/day plan monday - friday and a 4 meal plan on the weekends with very light snacks between meals.

Today its:

Breakfast - 2 Eggs, 2 Wheat Toast, and Lean "Country" Ham. Black Coffee
    Snack 1 - Banana and Fruit Cup and water.
    Lunch - 6" Tuna Sub on Wheat, Small salad and 0 Calorie Power Aid
    Snack 2 - Lance Nip Cheese Crackers and Water.
    Dinner - Caesar Salad, Steak, and Steamed Asparagus, Less Sweet Tea (I usually use 1.5 cups of sugar per gallon. Now using 1 cup per gallon.)
    Snack 3 - Apple and Water

Hate to be debbie downer but that sugar used for sweetening your tea is a big no no. Look for one of the substitutes like splenda or that new one truvia I think. The fruit cup unless its home made is stewed in HFCS and will jack you up. Just some friendly input dude as high blood sugar levels can cause miniature strokes in some diabetics.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Hate to be debbie downer but that sugar used for sweetening your tea is a big no no. Look for one of the substitutes like splenda or that new one truvia I think. The fruit cup unless its home made is stewed in HFCS and will jack you up. Just some friendly input dude as high blood sugar levels can cause miniature strokes in some diabetics.
    yep, reducing that sugar isn't good enough, you need to remove it altogether

(Sorry, had to. My family has a lot of diabetes. Taken a few of them, in fact. Take care of yourself!)
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

ATX Mental Case RogueOpportunist's Avatar

That sucks, sorry to hear it dude.