Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Karma

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Karma

As TheGreatSatan, I am definitely not religious.

Although I have been noticing something odd of late. It could very well be a Huge coincidence, or maybe it really is Karma.

I give away a lot of stuff, but I also get a lot of free stuff too. I've got this contest going on right here at TBCS where I'm just giving away stuff to anyone. At the same time, I'm working on my Bulldozer mod and I have tons of sponsors giving me free, High-End components.

I just got the 1TB Revo Hybrid from OCZ and an email asking if I want a New Unreleased Power Supply. I already have an 850 Watt Platinum PSU coming from Enermax. AMD is giving me the 8 core Bulldozer & a Video card too.

Karma?

As you can see, I'm still coming out ahead. Today at work, I saw a great deal on a GTX 460 and decided to buy it. Before I even paid for the card I posted at Bit-Tech to give it away!

When I came home from work I checked my email and low and behold! I got a message from Intel's Retail Edge program telling me that I won a drawing for:

CyberLink Power DVD11 Media Player Software
    JVC HA-NC250 Headphones
    Western Digital Media Center Hub: WDBABZ0010BBK-NESN

So I have to ask, is it Karma?
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Default Re: Karma

"Do for others more than you do for yourself."

You give back because you can and I'm quite sure that the winners of your giveaway love you for it.

I miss my Intel Retail Edge account I had one when I worked for Dell. Its how I got my Q6600 when it came out for $100

Sorry bro, you just jinxed yourself. Incoming bad luck, er karma
    EVGA P55 LE :: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8 GHz w/ Zalman 9500 :: 2x 2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 :: ATI Radeon 5850 :: Micro Center G2 64GB SSD :: Samsung F3 1TB :: Western Digital 320GB :: X-Fi Xtreme Music :: Corsair TX-750w :: Windows 7 64-Bit :: Lian Li PC-9F

I am not sure if I believe in any sort of magical Karma. However, I firmly believe that people who tend to be friendly and help others tend to create the same healthy feeling to others around them. Things tend to come full circle when such an environment is created.

Of course not always... and sometimes there are exceptions to the rule. But if you are nice to people, they often tend to be nice back

For what it's worth I think it is great that you've been so generous and giving to help others.

Custom Title Honors

that's pretty much exactly what karma is. it's not necessarily something "magic". but it can seem that way.

tgs, it sounds like you're coming to a point in your life where you are starting to reassess some of the things you believe in, which is a good thing. there's a lot of people that never get to that point and when they do, it usually takes a traumatic life changing experience. call it transcendence or whatever label you want to give it, it shows growth and maturity in your personality.

About 10 months ago I won a $250 Canon printer from another online retailer training program. Karma. It's still new in a sealed box. After I made this thread I decided to give it away to a guy at work who says he needs it.

Then this morning...Another example.

I was going throught some of my old non-essential mail that I throw in a pile till my day off. As usual 99% of it was junk. I saw a letter from my mortgage company, that normally is a request to add something like home insurance. I seriously almost always tear it in half without even taking the time to open and see what it is, assuming it's junk. Today, I opened and read it..

It took a minute for it to dawn on me and I found myself reading it three or four times. It was a letter telling me that I was in overpayment status! There was a check inside for nearly $1000!!

Last edited by TheGreatSatan; 10-05-2011 at 09:09 AM.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Well, I call it being blessed.

It has been proven that giving to charities (and other giveaways), you will make end's meet, and beyond.

Being LDS and autistic, it really has put an interesting view on life.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Karma... let me tell you something about karma, the woman who stole my dogs n pups and drove us from our home with constant harassment has now pretty much given up her child, lost her home, and is having to get rid of all her dogs as she can not care for them.

As for the overpayment check, I would reinvest it in my mortgage haha.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Custom Title Honors

yup,

the ex-wife got preggos by some other dude shortly after we got married. so we got divorced and she married the other dude. last i heard he had been cheating on her and has since left her.

I know a lot of crappy people who seem to have all the luck too. I think it's got to be my daily praise of Satan.
    WH1T3 0U7