Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MediaPhile

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Default Re: MediaPhile

Horray for updates!

Yeah! Great to see this with some more progress.

Oh no!!!! Disaster strikes! Both video cards are dead as a door-nail. The Danger Den blocks were not cut quite right, when I first installed them I was surprised that the threads seemed stripped and I had to torque the screws down pretty good to get contact but evidently even with the spacers it shorted out both cards and now the project is stuck. I'll have to decide what to do.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Oh balls!! Was it something you did? Maybe you can pick up 2 more cards for cheap.

Poopstains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Poopstains indeed...

Well I was able to buy a couple of replacements off ebay for reasonable prices so with any luck I will get this up and running. I pulled the cards and mounted an old ATI1900 while waiting for them to arrive and right now I'm testing systems and installing windows. Wish me luck!
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Uhhhh ok I'm stumped. Maybe those cards aren't fried? I got one of the replacements in the mail today and plugged it with the stock cooler and it does the same thing. Tested the voltage on all the PCIe power cables and they are fine, all works fine with the older 1900 card but no signal with the newer cards. I tried booting it up without the PCIe power lines and the fan revs up loud like it normally should during POST but goes no further, with cables plugged in it does not rev up during POST. I'm scratching my head!!! Any ideas?

Did you try them in another mobo? I thought I lost one of my 560Ti but it was actually the PCI-E slot that was going bad.

That is the next think I was going to try but it's going to be a pain in the ass, only other mobo is in my main PC and taking it apart is tedious. I will do that tomorrow.