Thread: Custom Xbox 360 case

Default Custom Xbox 360 case

Custom painted by me. HDMI version. Case only. Here's a little video of it with fresh clear on it. I need to take some shots of it together yet.

Default Re: Custom Xbox 360 case

That is a nice color.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

That is awesome looking!

How much is this piece and/or how much would you charge to have this done if someone were to ship you the parts? How many color variants are there that have this sparkly, color-shifting effect?

I've worked with the raw pigment form of this. You dust it on, then clearcoat it. There are many, many color variations. I did a pinewood derby car years back with a metallic dark gray base, then dusted on blue/violet pigment and cleared it. It is amazing looking in the sun. Overall still gray, but the edges highlight with the blue and violet. Really hard to get a good photo of it though. The effect in person is extremely cool. Cameras do not do it justice.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyTeaPot View Post
    That is awesome looking!

How much is this piece and/or how much would you charge to have this done if someone were to ship you the parts? How many color variants are there that have this sparkly, color-shifting effect?
    I'll give a TBCS discount of $75. Auto Air has 4 main colors in their gem shift line, but there are a lot of color combinations that you can do with it. This is just done over a black base, but imagine what it would look like over a complimentary color. Here's a test panel I did last year with all 4 colors over black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by TLHarrell View Post
    I've worked with the raw pigment form of this. You dust it on, then clearcoat it. There are many, many color variations. I did a pinewood derby car years back with a metallic dark gray base, then dusted on blue/violet pigment and cleared it. It is amazing looking in the sun. Overall still gray, but the edges highlight with the blue and violet. Really hard to get a good photo of it though. The effect in person is extremely cool. Cameras do not do it justice.
    You hear that all the time with paint jobs, but it's never as true as with special finishes like this.

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

It looks super slick. Nice job!