Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Regurgetated Amway?

Default Regurgetated Amway?

I was recently contacted by a friend of mine who went to our local home show. He told me about a business opertuity to make some extra cash. I was delighted to hear such a praposal. He set up a meeting at his house on tuesday night. At this meeting i was introducted to a company called QuixTar. I heard promises that if i put just a little effort and a few hours a week, That a 6 figure income was not hard to obtain. The man showed me pictures of himself and the higher up's on private jets.

The deal is this. If you sign up for $100 you "become" an independant business owner (IBO) and pay $50 per month to maintain your online retail mall. The product rage is quite extensive. The retail "system" is based on a points system. For every $3 spent at your online mall you recieve 1 PV point. Once you've reached 200PV the payout is $195 minus your website fee. Youve just turned a profit asuming you can sell $600 worth of product off your website each month. They then tell you that if you become a "pro-sumer" and purchase from yourself that your costs drop dramaticly. The idea behind this is that your going to need dish soap, socks, pots & pans. If you buy from yourself at wholesale, you still get the PV points and enjoy further saving by getting the items at whole sale.

Here's the catch 22, You can earn a share of other peoples profits if you sign them up to be online retailers. He then goes on to say if you recruit 6 people underneath you to do the same thing you are and if they maintain 200 PV in thier website sales you'll earn $800 per month just off the sales of the people below you.

Now when i heard this i was not at all skeptical. I had no doupt in my mind that this was the ticket to success and riches beyond my wildest dreams. He set up a follow up meeting 2 days later (yesterday). As i still had to go work at my job, there wasnt time to do much research. I did however manage to find some valuable information. As it turns out, QuixTar is a sister company to Amway. A few years back Amway was investigated by the government for being a pyramid scheme. It was fined and eventually closed down. At almost the same time as Amway went under, QuixTar emerged. Both Amway and QuixTar are daughter company's of one Alticore inc.

Now when i held the fallow up meeting at my apartment i brought up a DateLine Special on which Hannsen tracks the scheme. When this guy heard this he immediatly asked me if i believe everything i see on tv and the internet. Of course i had to say no. He then brought up that there are thousands of hate sites for Mother Tresea, IBM, Microsoft. He wrote off everyone as being somone who tried the program and faild. He called them people who couldnt hack it in the system. Now when i adressed this as being a scham, he looked a little mad and told me if i wasnt the guy for this that there were hundres of other waiting to take my place. He thought it wise to add the old saying "the train is leaving the station, are you onboard" as if i didnt jump on this immediatly that i wouldnt get the chance again. His explination as to why this was not a pyramid was that if i became richer that he was i would jump ahead of him and take his spot in the pyramid (ironicly he used the same pyramid diagram he perviously used to show me how a pyramid was constructed).

I am still unsure if it is wise choice to participate in this program.
    In my heart i feel its a pyramid scheme but on the same token i know the government would shut it down if they were.
    The exagurated claims of riches are very hard to ignore.

Has anyone hear had anyexperience with Amway or QuixTar or participated in a pyramid or other simmilar scheme?

Please help

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Default Re: Regurgetated Amway?

All i will say is that i don't think that you should do it, but hell, it's your money.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

If you heard one sentence from this guy you'd be hooked yourself.

The fact that the guy tells you that you'll have to leave some friends and family behind (the non-believers) makes me very weary...
    I found a site with useful information if anyone cares to read it.
    http://www.amquix.info/

Im going to wait and see if my friend makes it. if he does, i might give it a shot.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cana-Balsitic

The fact that the guy tells you that you'll have to leave some friends and family behind (the non-believers) makes me very weary...

Im going to wait and see if my friend makes it. if he does, i might give it a shot.

I'm not easily persuaded by cheesy sales pitches claiming i can make tons of money.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

I didnt think so either... I thought of myself as a rock. Uncrackable.

Question: Is it illegal for me to ask this guy for his finacial records like his tax return or list of online sales to see if he's really worth what he says he is?

Dude...totally!

Quote Originally Posted by Cana-Balsitic

Leaving family and friends behind? Non-believers? I'm starting to wonder, is this a scam or a cult?

Rankenphile

I'm telling you right now, as sincerely as possible - do NOT get involved in this. This is an absolute pyramid scheme, is barely legal and you will not - will not - make money doing this. I have seen this same basic scheme in a half-dozen other forms, and seen people who have gone in on these schemes super enthusiastic, and who end up never making a dime on it.

Why would they charge you money if you are actively going out and selling their products for them? Why would they not be offering you a straight commission on selling their products if they are making money on them? How many other people do you know, other than your friend, who have purchased their products or made money in this company?

This is a scam, pure and simple. Do not participate in this.

AKA RA: There is actually a site out there devoted to proving that this is a cult....

Rankin: I've never heard of this ever before in my life. Hell i didnt even know about amway untill a few days ago.

Ill ask the rep if i can see his tax return or sales figures. If he refuses or gives me a run around. I wont participate.

Another thing is my buddy, i care about him alot and i dont want to see him get shafted either. He is coming over on sunday, ill voice my concerns to him but i dont know that its going to sway him. I guess only time will tell.

Thank you, everyone for your very valued input on this grevous matter. Ill repost on sunday after the meeting.

This is a scam, pure and simple. Do not participate in this.
    Rankenphile said it. These things are very dangerous-don't take the risk. Ask yourself if you've ever been to a website that's a member of this scheme. Most folks only buy from trusted websites online; you won't get customers, you'll lose your money, and by the sounds of it, a whole lot more.

This is NOT something you want to be associated with. Pass this up without ever thinking about it again. That's my advice.

Oh, and for the record, the internet and television were created for the purpose of spreading information. (Well...not strictly true, but anyway) I'd sooner trust the internet, the voices of millions of people, over what some jackass with a clean suit, stupid diagrams, and a louse sales pitch says anyday.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

ATX Mental Case

Dont do it man, the only people who earn money from pyramid scemes is the person at the top. This is pretty much the same deal as the free ipod sites ALL over the net, you subscribe to the site and give £15 or whatever, then you have to get 15 friends to subscribe aswell (each donating £15) then they do the same.

Look on e-bay - the net is writhe with people trying to make a quick buck and willing to rip of decent people like you and your friend without a second thought. My advice to you - dont even open the door to him, once hes inside he's 50% on his way to persueding you...Actually...no, let him in... and attack him with a dremel.

If it seems to good to be true, it probably is. Nothing good comes easily.