Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TJ06 Airflow

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

Default Re: TJ06 Airflow

i agree, 100C is not an ideal temp, but you must not forget that the GPU is a very solid pice of kit, when it gets soldered on the PCB they heat it from above so the solder balls under it(Ball Grid Aray) melts, and solder melts at over 100C(i cant remember the exact temp )

BTW: i dont see any problem with that case's air-flow, if there is not something wrong with the heatpipes it should cool preaty good

LOUD AND PROUD !

Quote Originally Posted by GT40_GearHead
    and you should check to see if the thermal compound is ok,
    This would be the very first thing I would check since heatpipes are very efficient at cooling the gpu. Also do you have heat sinks on the oncard memory? Some temp sensors are not located on the gpu but next to a memeory chip (not many since this is inefficient).

Case Wizard

I think that operating temperatures are not soley (or not at all) based on the materials around it (like the solder balls). For example, the melting point of copper is 1083C. So speaking in terms of metal, it is solid.
    Just did a very quick Google search and found this. I am not sure how reliable this is or if it is true:
    Semiconductor junction temperatures usually determine the maximum operating range of circuits, although electrolytic capacitors, if used, can also be a determining factor.

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

If you want a quick and relatively cheap solution, there's little that will work better than cutting a 120mm blowhole in the top of the case - heat rises and it'll exhaust plenty of heat while keeping noise down

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

Razors Edge

Look, If you're video card gets past the 100 degree celcius point, then adding 1 or 2 8 cm's isn't going to affect it much. only water cooling will help you with that.

Go down to you're local hobby shop and pick up the cutting tool. I forgot what it was called, but it has a spinning blade at the top. There are also tools that cut perfect circles. Its really simple. All you need is a very strong sand paper, a drill, and a electronicly operated cutting tool.

Hobby shops can you hlep out out with those.

ATX Mental Case

i hated that case. to use the cooling duct you have to buy their heatsink. that case is a waste of money.
    Comp Specs:
    AMD Athlon 64 939 3200+
    ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
    2x 1GB Corsair XMS PC3200
    100GB HDD 7200 RPM SATA
    2x in SLI, 7600 GT 256 MB
    500W PSU

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Could also consider an uprated cooler for the graphics card - the Accelero X1 and X2 are highly rated, nice n quiet, and the next thing on MY shopping list...

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey