Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dual Core Vs. Conroe

MitaPi

Default Dual Core Vs. Conroe

Pick one. I'm not really interested in overclocking mind you. But which would you pick if you were going to leave it as is?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819116240

or...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115003

Also...

Give me a list of pro's and con's as you understand it so I know that you are not just going along with a "fad" or because everyone else is doing it.

Life is like an analogy...

Default Re: Dual Core Vs. Conroe

you know what my opinion is already. the numbers dont lie. conroe WILL wipe the floor with that 950. i like the e6600 better, but thats just because it is the cheapest one with 4MB of cache. the 6400 has 2MB, but can probably clock up just as well. ive heard reports of the 6300 topping 3GHz.

basically, if you go with any conroe processor, you make me happy, and you'll definitely make yourself happy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

MitaPi

you know what my opinion is already. the numbers dont lie. conroe WILL wipe the floor with that 950. i like the e6600 better, but thats just because it is the cheapest one with 4MB of cache. the 6400 has 2MB, but can probably clock up just as well. ive heard reports of the 6300 topping 3GHz.

basically, if you go with any conroe processor, you make me happy, and you'll definitely make yourself happy too.
    Okay, So I just noticed that I can get a dual gpu board for half the price of the board for my pentium D. So I upgraded my comparison to the e6600. But I am still not convinced.

Conroe. If you want a pro's and con's list, just look at any test on the web.
    RIP Bucko

MitaPi

C'mon people! You guys say its AMAZING! Then convince me already!! Dont just tell me its better. MAKE ME BELIEVE IT IS BETTER! If you guys arent passionate about your choice in the conroe then I really dont think that it is THAT much better than a 3.4 dual core. I want you to prove me wrong. I want you to make me feel DUMB for ever even THINKING that the dual core could even stand a chance against the conroe.

Technology is like a religion to me. You cant just tell me its better and you cant just tell me that it must be better because its new and every one is doing it. Thats how we got mormons! ^_^ Sorry had to throw in some humor here. I dont have anything against seagull worshippers.

sorry mita, the intel conroe processors are just better than the AMD processors today, nothing fancy about it... Just google for some reviews and you'll see that conroe beats every other known processor...

MitaPi

argh, I hated it but I read through 15 pages worth of information on the conroe. I was hoping to get a nice few paragraphs here but I couldnt wait ^_^. Well thanks for at least giving me your opinions on what you think. I have decided to go with the E6600 CONROE! It might of took a LONG time to read but it sure was convincing information! Man.. this thing freakin blows amd's masterpiece out of the water! It even made me laugh out loud. I dont remember who... but I told someone that I would always stick with INTEL over AMD. This is why, I knew they would pull through. lol I just didnt realize that they would pull through with a F-35 Fighter Jet compared to AMD's F-22 Raptor!

Now I have a new question. How high can I overclock this baby with a mid ranged water cooling kit?

well ive been seeing lots of reports of 3GHz on stock cooling easy. with watercooling... wow i dont even want to try to make a guess on that. its too new, and its too crazy to think about. lets say upwards of 3GHz for now, unless the chip is fatally flawed and just wont go any higher.

<EDIT> you like to be stubborn dont you? took you a few weeks to convince you that what i was telling you on msn was true...

im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

MitaPi

well ive been seeing lots of reports of 3GHz on stock cooling easy. with watercooling... wow i dont even want to try to make a guess on that. its too new, and its too crazy to think about. lets say upwards of 3GHz for now, unless the chip is fatally flawed and just wont go any higher.

<EDIT> you like to be stubborn dont you? took you a few weeks to convince you that what i was telling you on msn was true...

lol Yea I admit I am crazy stubborn. I still think that the dual core processor is a good processor. But I will admit that the conroe pretty much makes it look like a shrimp compared to the conroes whale. Also... back then I couldnt find a reasonable priced mobo with dual GPU capability as well as conroe capable. But now I found a good priced mobo that isnt AS good but hey.. as long as conroe can be installed into it as well as dual gpu I dont care too much.

So not even a guess of what I could overclock a conroe to with a mid ranged H2O Kit??

Do processsors become unstable because of inefficient cooling??

Do processsors become unstable because of inefficient cooling??
    more often than not. heat usually stops you before anything else.