23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good Idea

12 52.17%
  • Mixed Feelings

11 47.83%
  • Bad Idea

0 0%
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Into the unknown I go... (with pictures!)

Life is like an analogy...

Default Re: Into the unknown I go... (with pictures!)

you know what you can do? paint everything except what you KNOW is going to be a window. then, you can scratch off the paint and form a pattern. this should give awesome precision.

now if i were you, id spend some time and look at your video card or motherboard and try to copy come circuits off those for an idea. or maybe find some pictures of a processor die, and try to copy the patterns from that.

heres another idea. make the circuits lead into the screen on the side. so it looks like they're feeding it. and if you can get someone to make up an led circuit, you could have some sort of fast flash sequence to make it looks like optical signals travelling along. neat idea or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

Overclocked

ok you know what would be pretty cool, and really time consuming...
    paint your case black. and you know that paint that is almost clear, and uv reactive paint... do your case with a circuit board design
    EPYK : very imposing or impressive; surpassing the ordinary

lots of mod tutorials

MitaPi

you know what you can do? paint everything except what you KNOW is going to be a window. then, you can scratch off the paint and form a pattern. this should give awesome precision.

now if i were you, id spend some time and look at your video card or motherboard and try to copy come circuits off those for an idea. or maybe find some pictures of a processor die, and try to copy the patterns from that.

heres another idea. make the circuits lead into the screen on the side. so it looks like they're feeding it. and if you can get someone to make up an led circuit, you could have some sort of fast flash sequence to make it looks like optical signals travelling along. neat idea or what?
    That is pretty much what I had in mind to do already. Since it would be easiest and it would give me some sweet accurate lines.

That is what I am doing. I know what I want, but trying to find pictures of what I want is somewhat hard. But I found a few good pictures and I have a few cards and what not laying around my house.

Again, That is what I am doing. Thats why I designed the LCD screen in the way I did. So it better fits the design.

It seems that we are basically on the same wave length with this case!

Quote Originally Posted by EPYK
    ok you know what would be pretty cool, and really time consuming...
    paint your case black. and you know that paint that is almost clear, and uv reactive paint... do your case with a circuit board design
    That is what I am doing... I am going to paint the outside black and then I am going to paint the inside an almost clear UV blue. Hopefully I can find some bright blue like in that sketchup. Whatever color that is.. im still not sure. I dont know my colors that well.

EDIT:
    Or I can frost the glass and get LED's. The frosting would help pick up the light and spread it more evenly and the LED's would be cheap and easy to use so I can put them anywhere I want. That might work better than uv paint and uv cathodes/LED. Hmmm....

It seems that we are basically on the same wave length with this case!
    in this case, and FOR this case.

sounds good so far. id say more, but im frantically shoving lunch in my face right now, and trying to get ready for school. ill say more later.

im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

MitaPi

lmao, Dont choke! If you do.. Be sure to record it, So we can all laugh at you.

Well I give up on that design. Sketchup is dumb and it wont let me do fine enough details. So I am just going to wait to get all the pieces together and then I'll cut out the design using poster board and I'll tape it on. If I like the way it looks, then I'll start painting. Otherwise, for now at least, you are looking at something very close to the final design.

Oh and sorry for calling sketchup dumb. Its not, It just doesnt always work the way I want to. -Hugs Sketchup- :p

Edit/Update:

More pictures soon! These next ones will be of the inside and how everything will be layed out. ^_^

OKay, I have the power supply bracket, 5.25 brackets, 3.5 brackets and HDD bracket finished. Now I just need to place in the mobo, pci brackets, case fans, I/O plate, ....and I think that about covers it for now. Pictures coming soon!

MitaPi

Bleh, I took a break from the computer design and started to design my dual screen in one case. I think I just spent 2 hours straight trying to design the stupid stand for it. And what do I have to show for it? Notta. How very... exhausting. I'm bout tempted to get duct tape and tape the two monitors together as is!

I'll have pictures up soon... just be patient. I guess I am just having another one of those brain farts. In any case... I'll post what I have so far by the end of the night. Unless of course I get dragged away or I forget. Which in that case I will post them tomarrow morning.

Happy Modding,
    MitaPi

Update:

Well here, you can at least have some exterior pictures for now. The monitor is still in rough draft form...
    Check Images Below...

Overclocked

ok for the window behind your lcd's frost it on the outside and etch your circuitry on the inside, then stuff EL wire in the etching
    EPYK : very imposing or impressive; surpassing the ordinary

lots of mod tutorials

MitaPi

I could do that. I might just frost it and then put LED's in there instead. It might be easier. Since you know... you wont even be able to see the back most of the time lol. But I still might do your idea. Because it is a good one for sure!

OKay, Here are some updated pictures of Audeamus's Dual Monitor Enclosure. I think that is about good. Or at least as good as I can get it on sketchup. We'll all just have to wait to see it lit up!

It looks huge but in fact it isnt much bigger than my computer. The stand is a length of 9" and the entire height with the stand included is 1' 10". The width is 2' 3.5". Other than the height, the entire thing is smaller than what I have right now. So I happy.

*Undergoing Maintinence*

ok... that screen setup looks horrible. the stand in particular.

i can see why it was frustrating. that just doesnt fit with the rest of your project.

give me some time to think on this one.

ok... that screen setup looks horrible. the stand in particular.
    I second that.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!