View Poll Results: Would you rather have a 360 or good gaming PC?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll

1 3.03%
  • PC

32 96.97%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 360 vs. PC?

Default 360 vs. PC?

Which would you rather have? Both have definate advantages and disadvantages over each other, but I personally would like both lol.

And, if you have both, (which if you are reading this and you have a 360 you will lol) which do you like better? Games wise, that is.

I'm really wondering because a lot of games are on both PC and 360, and the 360 versions are $10-$30 more exepensive in some cases. For both having the same games, buying a 360 sounds like a better choice because it's app. $700 cheaper to get good graphics and gaming. That sounds like the better option until you buy 10 games and pay $100 more than their PC counterparts.

Maleficus
    RIP Bucko

Life is like an analogy...

Default Re: 360 vs. PC?

i like computers better for three reasons.

1. you can upgrade them. the 360 is stuck the way it was made.

2. you can do more things with a computer than a 360.

3. a better control set for games. i dont like the 360 controllers, although i use them a lot when i do halo 2 marathons with my friend. i much prefer a good old mouse and keyboard. i can move and click faster that way.

i think one of the few things consoles have as an advantage is the fact that they are a single platform that doesnt change, making it easy to make games and other stuff. other than that... i cant think of anything.

they wont last in pure speed and power. the 360 has three cores. we'll have quad core computers by the new year, or earlier. the 360 has the xenos graphics core. computers will have something very similar by christmas. the 360 is hi-def... big deal, 2560x1600 is way more than 1080i or 1080p. even 1600x1200 is more, and monitors have better dpi too. you can fit 1600x1200 in a 19" monitor, or maybe a 17" if its high quality. we're STILL at 1920x1080 for 60+" tv's.

all in all... computers are better in my mind. granted, there are some awesome 360 exlusives, but ive managed without the so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

Razors Edge

I'm not going to vote becase its too hard.

At the moment I have not seen a machine come near close to touching the 360 in gaming.

PC's are also my best friend. No Vote.

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by Razors Edge
    I'm not going to vote becase its too hard.

At the moment I have not seen a machine come near close to touching the 360 in gaming.

PC's are also my best friend. No Vote.
    Specs wise yes, but graphics Ive seen games that look 10x (ha speaking of 10x when dx10 comes out alot of games will potentially look better) better on pc than the 360 atm.

I vote pc. You can do so much more on a pc and you can constantly upgrade it in whatever areas you see fit. I would buy a 360 if I had the money but I dont want waste my money which is another point...pcs imo are an investment because you can actually make a living of working on a pc. Sure you can be a professional gamer on the 360 but how realistic is that for the average person?

ATX Mental Case

I think the price point between the 360 and the pc are irrelavent because you still have to own a T.V. to play a console. It doesn't matter how damn good the graphics are if your T.V. sucks. So in a sense, computers are cheaper than the 360 factoring in the price of the T.V. And oh yeah, computers all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by monoflap
    I think the price point between the 360 and the pc are irrelavent because you still have to own a T.V. to play a console. It doesn't matter how damn good the graphics are if your T.V. sucks. So in a sense, computers are cheaper than the 360 factoring in the price of the T.V. And oh yeah, computers all the way!
    That being said, you have to own moniter to use a computer. When you build your own computer, it doesn't come with a moniter, you have to buy that too (same with OEM machines, they just factor that in with the price).

AND, to enjoy PC games as much as possible, you need a nice moniter, so there is a lot of money too.

You don't need a $5000 T.V. to enjoy a 360. I would enjoy it fine on my regular old T.V. if I had a 360.

Maleficus
    RIP Bucko

To hell with the lot of you, i've pre-ordered a wii.

Call me a traitor if you want...there's nothing you can do to stop me!

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW
    To hell with the lot of you, i've pre-ordered a wii.

Call me a traitor if you want...there's nothing you can do to stop me!

-Dave
    Are you kidding me? I've only been waiting for the Wii since it's been anounced.

I applaud you.
    RIP Bucko

Razors Edge

meh I think Nintendo killed its future when they named it "WII", think about it.

When you're girl friend comes over and says "whats that?", what are you ganna tell her? "oh thats my wii"....

Kids dads arn't ganna go into a store and say "hey, can I have a wii?"

Kids dads arn't ganna go into a store and say "hey, can I have a wii?"
    ROFL...well they might.

-Dave
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!