Thread: Does it matter which pins I plug the lights and power and everything in?

Default Does it matter which pins I plug the lights and power and everything in?

So I have all of these pins here http://codeinsurrection.com/pics/computer/PICT5301.JPG

And then I have these connectors for power and the lights http://codeinsurrection.com/pics/computer/PICT5303.JPG

And I supposed to plug certain ones onto certain pins? And also, see the two metal things where it says Asus and Asus Ez-Backup, those two things had a thin clear plastic over them, should I have removed those (because I did)?

That's classified.

Default Re: Does it matter which pins I plug the lights and power and everything in?

I think it does matter which pin goes where; you would'nt want your harddrive light staying on because you got the wires mixed up. You should be able to tell what wire does what be the labels on the plugs.
    Consult you motherboard's manuel for the correct places to plug in what and it probably has something about what the EZ-backup pins do.

That's a P5W, right? I looked it up, the EZ-Backup thing, on the ASUS site and here is what it does:

"EZ-Backup™ - Your data are in good hands
    No driver, no configuration, just plug and activate RAID to backup your data instantaneously. Exclusive to EZ-Backup, users can utilize SATA2 technology to arrange RAID 1 (default) or RAID 0 systems without BIOS or any other setup process. EZ-Backup is ideal for anyone who wishes to back up hard drive data but doesn't want the hassle of complicated software configurations."

Anodized

Default Re: Does it matter which pins I plug the lights and power and everything in?

You probably want to plug the light switches in the right plugs or else you might get power leds showing for hd activity etc unless your case doesnt even have lables or embossed markings or symbols on it. You definetly want to get your power and restart butons plugged in correctly. It doesnt matter if you plug them incorectly though so dont worry you wont break it. Only the firewire and usb ports you have to be carefull with. If you plug those in the wrong plugs you'll likely ruin the device and might actually ruin your motherboard aswell.

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

You definitely need them plugged in correctly if you want them to work. As it happens it doesnt matter which way around you connect the switches - they'll work anyway (as long as the two wires are connected to the right two pins). The LEDs for your power and hard disk have to be perfect tho - you have to connect em to the right two pins and have the right polarity or they wont work - it wont do any harm if they're the wrong polarity - they just wont light up - it wont stop the puter booting either...

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

It's just that it's not really labeled on my motherboard. But while looking in my motherboard's documentation for which pin is what, I came across this little thing that I overlooked http://codeinsurrection.com/pics/computer/PICT5312.JPG

and I also found this too http://codeinsurrection.com/pics/computer/PICT5314.JPG