Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Just bought fear.....I want my mummy!!

Default Re: Just bought fear.....I want my mummy!!

I must say HL2 has been my favoritegaming experiance and some of it was tense, and the prison got pretty scary, but it was a little to 'clean' to be really frightening for me, just fun. In Fear the combat wasn't as good because the environment was less real: barrels dont move, etc. which seems unimportant in HL2 when your fighting, but without it something seems not right in Fear. the non-combat parts were very disturbing though.
    I wonder has anyone else here played Condemned? that game really gets the scare you to death atmosphere right. I jumped and felt crazy when a 'dead' body fell out of a locker and grabbed my arm...

Quote Originally Posted by blipz View Post
    I found half life 2 scary in some parts, but has anyone ever played Silent Hill?
    I have played a couple of the silent hill series. THAT game scared the bejeebies out of me. I usually play games at night and I had to walk away from silent hill a couple of times. I still have not finished the last one I started (silent hill 3). Couldn't sleep a couple of times after playing so that is why it is still sitting on my shelf.

Anodized

I must say i'm playing doom 3 at the moment and meh... I don't find it that scary... Just open doors with a flashlight in hand, finger on the swap flashlight button (your second best friend after the trigger), one finger on the back up button, one finger on the trigger... and make sure that your guns are loaded!

The type of stuff that really scares me is things that actually mess with your mind... Has anyone tried playing Eternal darkness throughout the night after not having slept the night before? (no cheating by sleeping during the day!) Your mind will be so open with the ways the game tries to mess with it that you won't be able to sleep for another three nights! MAYBE you will be able to sleep during the day if the room is bright and sunny...

The only part of any game that every really, really, gave me the creeps...and i know a lot of the guys here will agree, especially the parents...are the nightmare scenes in Max Payne.

The game was fun, silly even, but those nightmare sequences really made you feel like...hell, i don't know. I'm too tired for this.

-Dave, going to bed now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Fresh Paint

OK whoever said Condemned is scary, that was an understatement. That game scared the bejeezus out of me. And Half-life 2's Ravenholm was creepy. The fast zombies are nuts, the cry they do scared the crap outta me.

I got FEAR the Directors Cut a couple of days ago and the expansion. Not finished with the original yet, but man it's good. I think they did a great job with the tension in the game, it's very suspenseful. And I've had a few oh **** moments already, I'm lovin it.
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

:: Spectre : GHOST 38.1 Mk1 : GHOST 38.1 Mk 2 : GHOST 38.2 ::

I bought F.E.A.R. (plain old original) the other day, holy sh.... Badass FPS! And the blood and gut are top shelf!
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Just beat FEAR OMG lol. Time to check out the expansion ^_^
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

:: Spectre : GHOST 38.1 Mk1 : GHOST 38.1 Mk 2 : GHOST 38.2 ::

Just installed Expansion to FEAR yesterday and beat it today, took only 5 hours for me to beat on Hard. FEAR expansion seems to be more scarier!
    EVGA P55 LE :: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8 GHz w/ Zalman 9500 :: 2x 2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 :: ATI Radeon 5850 :: Micro Center G2 64GB SSD :: Samsung F3 1TB :: Western Digital 320GB :: X-Fi Xtreme Music :: Corsair TX-750w :: Windows 7 64-Bit :: Lian Li PC-9F

Sexy Hot Nurse ..... NOT!! b4i7's Avatar

i got the directors cut of fear for a dollar....