Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Utilities Programs

Default Re: Favorite Utilities Programs

7Zip i just uninstalled, man i hated that program. I can't remember why but something about it pissed me off.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Announcing: Project ******* (Soon)
    EXAC Will cease to exist due to me finally getting a new rig! BUT I will mod the new case ;P

ESX-
    I read (some of) that wiki page on RM-X but still don't really get what it's for. Can you give me a laymens description. I was also curious what graphic art programs you use?

Slytherock- This was a great idea for a thread!

Anyone- I would like to know what folks are using for music storage. I burned all of my CD's to mp3 files but over the years have switched from one database to another and the tags are never filled completely, now the songs are usually out of order and so on. Anyone found a real nicely put together mp3 storage program?
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

There is a prog i had, servant salamander It will open any compressed file and convert to any format. It also has a repair function for currupted archives. I didnt like the feel of it personally.

Slytherock:
    You can move windows from 1 comp to the other in 1 click (that sounds like multi comp, not milt monitor)
    Maximise to both window in 1 click (extended desktop...)
    create shortcuts for differents applications (changing primary monitor, display size, desactivate monitor and more)(Again, display properties and shorcut attributes)
    Add taskbar on every monitor(extended desktop...)

???
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.

Well jdbnsn, RM-X is basically for control. You can control software/hardware using hotkeys.
    To explain this further, lets use a keyboard as an example. When a key is pressed, it generates a message and sends it to the system. RM-X would then receive this message and can then redirect it to any of the generic functions that RM-X is aware of (generally via plugins). If RM-X is aware of a lightbulb, then that keyboard press might be redirected to turn the lightbulb on and off. In the same idea, a mouse button may be clicked which generates an event. This event could be processed by RM-X to call the function to turn on a television. As new additions to RM-X are made, this idea can be spread infinitly to new hardware and software applications.
    For example, I am able to control winamp using my gamepad with RM-X Media Edition.

As for graphic programs, Im using Photoshop, sometimes Photomatix (for HDR photography).
    EXAC Will cease to exist due to me finally getting a new rig! BUT I will mod the new case ;P

I get it now, and that makes sense. I may have a look at that. Never heard of photmatix, I may check it out too. Thanks!
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Ahh, i've heard of a program like that. It was a bit diffrent, it controled the serial bus so you could build your own key pad and assign the buttons to various winamp functions. I cant see why this would only work for winamp so it has some possibillities to be brought to diffrent applications.
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.

The stand-alone version is $15.

Anodized

RM-X sounds like a good program to look into. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cana-Balsitic View Post
    There is a prog i had, servant salamander It will open any compressed file and convert to any format. It also has a repair function for currupted archives. I didnt like the feel of it personally.

Slytherock:
    You can move windows from 1 comp to the other in 1 click (that sounds like multi comp, not milt monitor)
    Maximise to both window in 1 click (extended desktop...)
    create shortcuts for differents applications (changing primary monitor, display size, desactivate monitor and more)(Again, display properties and shorcut attributes)
    Add taskbar on every monitor(extended desktop...)

???
    Sorry, I dont have time to lose making you loving it. You dont want to try, dont. But you miss something. Sorry if I sound rude, but if all you want is bashing everything I say, I dont have time to lose whit it. I'm not here to sell it, but to say that I like it.

just to make sure I'm not confusing you by my french language, just read the features of Ultramon

Anyone who think a computer is sexy need to #$? and fast