Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need your guys advice Please?

Default Re: I need your guys advice Please?

I would ask the dude who is building your computer to give you a list of all the hardware he is planning to put and then post it here so we can have a lookey.

I would ask the dude who is building your computer to give you a list of all the hardware he is planning to put and then post it here so we can have a lookey.
    Agreed, sounds fishy to me.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Fresh Paint

Exclamation Re: I need your guys advice Please?

Ok...I will re-list the update from the first page I do Believe! It has and I quote on my reciept. A Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4, 2 Western Digital HardDrives Linked together,A invidia 7600, 1 Gig of HyperX Ram,A cooler Master Mystique Case and a cooler master power supply, A AmD 4600 64 X2, Asus Cd and Dvd Burner, all of the wires sleved and some led fans in the case. < That is the most detailed list that I actually have in my possesion. And when I take delivery of the computer I will have Parts Numbers for All of the parts and I will be opening it up to make Sure that All of the parts are there.
    Last edited by UserX; 01-03-2007 at 10:14 AM. Reason: SPelle Invidia wrong
    Linux fanboy

Fresh Paint

And Ill have the comp on Friday.
    Linux fanboy

Hmm, AC97 Audio i guess. Lovely.

Not too bad i guess. So what's all the worrying about 16Gigs? The RAM is only Dependant on the width of the address bus. It's not too difficult to increase it in size for extra ram-in fact, i think most motherboards can handle it, it's just that the BIOS isn't configured to suit or something...

-Dave
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

That's classified.

Quote Originally Posted by UserX View Post
    2 Western Digital HardDrives Linked together,A invidia 7600
    Do you know what size hard drives? When they are linked together it's called RAID (Wikipedia link) It can speed up hard drive access.

A bit surprised he put a 7600 in there. The 7950's are not too much more expensive. Oh, and for future reference the two main graphics companies are Nvidia and ATI. (invidia < funny, that is :p )

7600 256 MB or 512 MB?

Noobish, but Trying.

Well no one seems to be answering your question directly , so I'll throw in my $0.02. From the list of hardware you've given I'd venture to say that it'll handle quite well nearly any game out there currently, and probably to a spanking good job with most games released any time in the near future.

As I said before, the upgrade I would recommend most would be adding more RAM, in my opinion you'll see more "bang for the buck" with the RAM increase then you will by adding a second 7600 for SLI.

The pricetag might seem a bit inflated to some of us who are accustomed to building our own systems, but for someone fairly new to computers having a system built by an experienced person or company can be far less frustrating, and you seem to be getting a decent system for your money.

Question: Are you getting any of the following ... monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, printer, operating system, additional software or peripheral hardware, warranties etc.?

I don't think you are being "RIPPED", although in the future when you've become more familiar with computers and are more comfortable I would recommend building/upgrading yourself. It will not only save you money, it will also bring a sense of pride that can't be bought in any store.

Just my l'il $0.02

Oh, and I can't believe I forgot this in my previous post ... Welcome to TBCS!! I'm SURE you'll like it here, these are some of the best people you'll ever meet online.

Peace
    FyreKnight

Fresh Paint

Exclamation Re: I need your guys advice Please?

Fryeknight thank god for you...You are my OWN personal Jesus...Youve answered my question to a T. Thats what I was looking for. As soon as I get a Desk I will be POURIng money into this machine..Just cuz I want it to be a good machine..So more ram is in order...So hopefully when im all done it will have 4 gigs of ram..the most that windows xp will support...And it will be water cooled shortly after and the second video card will be put in there...I am getting a 19 CRT MOnitor. and Windows XP Home..along with the computer Ovbiously. SO Fryeknight your .02cents is worth 1510 bucks!!! and as far as the spelling whatever. The HDs are 120gigs a peice. SO that should answer everyones questions for me hopefully and Im stoked to be reading your guy's posts seeing that youre interested is going to help me build my first comp in the next coming year! Thanks a Million and Ill post pics of my comp when i get it!!!!

UserX
    Linux fanboy

4gb ram is excessive. All you need for good gaming is 2.
    Get windows XP pro if you can afford it. Better OS.
    Spend that extra ram money on a gaming 19" LCD.

I wouldn't suggest watercooling until you've built your own systems for a couple of years. It take some mechanical and technical competence to make a wc system worth installing.

If you need help, don't be shy about asking. We were all new to this once.