Page 61 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671 ... LastLast

Thread: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout"

Default Re: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout" Updated--> 06/24/05

Well, this is like Charlie and the Chocolate factory all over again.

Case is looking amazing, you've put what i can only call a god like amount of work into it. When do you sleep? Cos i don't know how you get time otherwise. Either that or you work fast as hell. Whatever you're doing, keep it up

-Dave

EDIT:

One the first Day, Tribal said: Let there be a Lian Li.
    And it was good.
    On the second day, Tribal said: Let there be peices of it all over my garage.
    And peices were everywhere.
    On the 3rd Day, Tribal said: Let's start a worklog.
    And much respect was earned.
    On the 4rth day, Tribal's funky laser tools arrived.
    And they were laser-guided.
    On the 5th day, Tribal invented some new words.
    And there was some general confusion.
    on the 6th day?
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Anodized

I probably shouldn't be posting atm... I'm as crissed as a picket.. but you're awesome with both Plex AND aluminium...

Excellent work, Tribaloverkill... Hope you take up full time work with ACRyan...

Custom Title Honors tribaloverkill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian Shane
    I probably shouldn't be posting atm... I'm as crissed as a picket.. but you're awesome with both Plex AND aluminium...

Excellent work, Tribaloverkill... Hope you take up full time work with ACRyan...
    Thanks dude
    Copyright.

That mod is still looking great, I am so impressed! Just curious, could you give me a quick idea how how the polishing works? I know you have mentioned the buffing wheel and the compounds used to do this but I have never tried such a thing. Is there a particular type of compound that is better than others? Sorry if this has already been explained.

will be posting updates soon????

lol kinda excited to see some more art

Umm,... yea soon. The new HDD shiled kinda of friggin broke while bending it!!! Two of the little badongs broke! It's totally because of the design though. This is why I added the badongs in the first place. For support but because of the way I was beding this piece,... it was weird, and broke. So I am decding whether I want to start it all over with a new design that wont F@#$ up while bending,... or cut this one and make a new look with it. If take the second route I will be doing something that I was trying to hold off for a bit. Well,... see. I will be working on it when I get home from work so I will be drawing tonight, plans.
    Copyright.

Quote Originally Posted by tribaloverkill
    For support but because of the way I was beding this piece,...
    Dude.. It sounds like your getting a little too intimate with your work.. hahahaha

Sorry to hear it broke on you Tribal. I hope it wasn't because of a design change I suggested. If so, completely ignore me in the future :p (that is if you haven't already decided to do so) You have been doing amazing work so far. Don't lose hope.
    ***Impossible means it will just take more time***

Oh im not losing hope,... It just gets frustrating sometimes. But I'm learning,... all these mishaps are teaching me. PRF it's not because of you,... Its the horizontal grooves, they are the problem. Im going to work something out. I am goign to try and do something with this piece I have,... I think. I dont know. It's this one groove,... it falls right on the bend. I think I will cut out the whole design and leave that one groove for after the bending. once bending s done,... then cut it out. That swould work but I dont feel like going tothough all that **** again. Or do i?
    Copyright.

Rankenphile

Quote Originally Posted by tribaloverkill
    Oh im not losing hope,... It just gets frustrating sometimes. But I'm learning,... all these mishaps are teaching me. PRF it's not because of you,... Its the horizontal grooves, they are the problem. Im going to work something out. I am goign to try and do something with this piece I have,... I think. I dont know. It's this one groove,... it falls right on the bend. I think I will cut out the whole design and leave that one groove for after the bending. once bending s done,... then cut it out. That swould work but I dont feel like going tothough all that **** again. Or do i?
    Never stopped you in the past, man. Of all the modders I've seen, you're the one that never stops for anything less than perfection. Heck, you've scrapped and redone things that anybody else would have been THRILLED with, because you're TribalOverkill.

Take a step back from it for a bit, work on something else for a little while. A solution will present itself in time. Just don't get too down on yourself.