Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Geek Squad Spys on Showering Customer

Default Re: Geek Squad Spys on Showering Customer

Hahaha...i know you guys can't normally see this but i thought this one had to be shared...

Last edited by SnowFire : Today at 03:30 PM. Reason: Crazy, it really does censor the word automatically! lol cool!
    -Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Hahaha...i know you guys can't normally see this but i thought this one had to be shared...

Last edited by SnowFire : Today at 03:30 PM. Reason: Crazy, it really does censor the word automatically! lol cool!
    -Dave
    lol Dangit Dave! Stop poking fun at me! :p
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Anodized

Geek squad isn't the problem here obviously. that kid is. My brother works for geek squad and he does great work. You have to remember individual actions are not to be held against the whole. Neither should company policies be held against the individual.

My bro drives a company car and makes like 17 an hour. so yeah..... I say getting a job as Geek Squad to be a pretty good gig. specially for a 23 year old kid.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Thanks for making that point, it's one I try to keep, but lately I've been a bit of a hypocrite due to certain things that have happened recently. +rep

What kind of things does he do? Just repair stuff and troubleshoot problems? That might be a good job for when I go to something more than a community college in a few years.

Gaming Console Modder Mitternacht's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FPMachine View Post
    Geek squad isn't the problem here obviously. that kid is. My brother works for geek squad and he does great work. You have to remember individual actions are not to be held against the whole. Neither should company policies be held against the individual.

My bro drives a company car and makes like 17 an hour. so yeah..... I say getting a job as Geek Squad to be a pretty good gig. specially for a 23 year old kid.
    True, it's kinda like profiling saying in general Geek Squad don't know jack, but that's the majority of the workers. Like that video that was on here months ago, the news took a computer with the IDE cable unplugged from the HDD, and the Geek Squad kid said it was a power supply. Screw that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky
    I never like get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Seeing how easily opinions are made, and how firmly many of them are held (no matter how ridiculous), you can ruin a name with one little statement, or anything like that...

That's just like how my uncle believes all water cooling "contraptions" (for lack of better word) are crap, he had one that broke after a week, and now he and my dad a convinced that every rig is junk. Or like how there are a lot of uninformed peoples who, for some odd reason, think I'm a Nazi or something because I like Germany, where my family is from and I just think the language is cool, what's wrong with keeping a little heritage? In a country that's all about individualism and self-identity, they seem to not care about anything/anyone else's...

wow, you can tell it was a teenage girl, like really it was. Like, who else would talk like this:
    "When I came out, I noticed there was, like, behind the sink -- a phone. And then I looked at it, and it was Like, the little red dot was recording."

I got rid of my floppy disks Xpirate's Avatar

That stupid kid is going to get fired from Best Buy and busted by the law.

Anodized

Yeah he does troubleshooting and installing. One of the main things he does is go to new customers homes and do installs. or router setups etc.

My brother is very talented and good with computers. I should know I taught him. So before you start hacking on the geek squad remember. some people might take it personally.

Of course i'm not saying to use them. everyone here should be proficient enough to handle their own problems. but maybe you dont want to hack on ym brother hehe.

I got rid of my floppy disks Xpirate's Avatar

I agree with the folks who are defending the Geek Squad. I keep my family's, my in-law's, and a few friend's PCs running right with free tech support. It is a whole lot easier to resolve your own computer's problems than it is to help other people.

They will be doing silly things like having an XP system with 128 MB of ram and have over 12 things running in the system tray. Then they'll argue that the TSRs aren't hurting their computer's performance.