Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Problems with computer freezing.

That's classified.

Default Re: Problems with computer freezing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Pumpkin View Post
    If not, better plan for a new mobo.
    If you do decide to get a new mobo, you may want to look for ones that use a different way to regulate the power to the processor, such as circled in this picture: here (It's those black, square components)

Greco101

By getting a new mb, wouldn't that mean I could no longer use my built in reformat?

I haven't soldered since I was younger, but I'm sure if I took my time I could do a good job. Where would I find replacement parts?

I haven't soldered since I was younger, but I'm sure if I took my time I could do a good job. Where would I find replacement parts?
    Dude, it's not worth the bother. If those have gone, chances are they've taken some of the other stuff with em on the way out.

New Mobo is the way to go. That's been caused either by a poor motherboard or a low quality power supply. If that's a stock PSU, or a cheapy one, then replace that with the motherboard.

That's pretty nasty. Don't think i've ever seen all the caps go like that at once...

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Greco, if you want a new case, PM me. I'm pretty sure we could work something out on the cheap. Then it will be a simple matter of ATX board and all the trimmings.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

Greco101

ya, it lasted just long enough for me to make a wishlist on newegg and custompc. Now I can just use my gf's computer (what i'm on now) to buy my custom this coming weekend, Possibly monday. I already put my computer in a box cuz I didn't feel like messing with that board.

Drum, what do you mean by a new case? New case as in a barebone? or the case alone?

Greco101

performance-pcs* not custom pcs

That's classified.

He means a case alone.

Why buy a new PC when you can build it yourself for cheaper?

You only need a mobo, PSU, and a case. (I think HP uses a propriety mobo format and not ATX.)

I have never had to format my harddrive due to a problem. Usually it can be fixed... if you know how. Kind of late to figure out what the problem is now. If you don't know how to fix it, the format is the way to go and has allot of benefits, even if you do know how to fix the problem.

That's classified.

Quote Originally Posted by Greco101 View Post
    In case you still wanted to do this, i found an article on how to:

Fixing Your Motherboard for $15 - Tom's Hardware

Greco101

My gf's friend loaned me her new laptop for a while so I'm set until I can order my custom. My grandmother is being flaky so I'm using what money I have atm to buy it slowly but surely.

I decided to go with the E6700 Conroe instead of the x6800. I don't understand why the one is so much more for .27ghz when you OC way past that.