Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: OLED TV's

  1. #1
    50 Custom PC's in 10 Years! TheGreatSatan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southern IL
    Posts
    6,629

    Default OLED TV's

    OLED TV's are coming with a 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio. And people wonder why 42" plasma's are only $800

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ufs9...elated&search=
    ----------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------
    NEW GENESIS
    *******************************
    Modified Azza Genesis with an Intel i7 2600K, Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H, 32GB (8GB x 4) Corsair XMS3, 960GB Crucial M500, 240GB Sandisk Extreme, 1275 Watt Thermaltake 80 Platinum Modular PSU, Gigabyte GTX 780 OC 3GB, and a Corsair H60

  2. #2
    That's classified.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    764

    Default Re: OLED TV's

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    And people wonder why 42" plasma's are only $800
    Link to that deal?

  3. #3
    Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    4,522

    Default Re: OLED TV's

    A really quick google came up with this.

    I've never heard of B&H, so caveat emptor and all that good stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

    DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

  4. #4
    ATX Mental Case Cool1Net6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    146

    Default Re: OLED TV's

    Same technology for that paper thin video screen that was on here earlier. I found a better link to show off the thinness of the screen: Click Me!. OLED's seem to be the future for video. Everything is just getting thinner and smaller, I mean, who wouldn't want a 3mm thick TV? Amazing stuff...

    That video included a clip from InDigital. Full Episode Here

    -Cool-
    Project Pioneer : AMD AthlonXP 3000+ : 1GB DDR RAM : Windows XP MCE
    ATI Radeon X1650 256MB : 520-Watt Corsair PSU : 20x DVD-RAM DL + LightScribe
    1.0TB Seagate SATA II : 400GB Seagate SATA II : 400GB Samsung SATA II
    250GB Seagate SATA I : 80GB Western Digital PATA/IDE

  5. #5
    ...What? progbuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Matthews, NC
    Posts
    1,672

    Default Re: OLED TV's

    lol. That leopard print shirt really brings out the man in him.


    OLED is pretty awesome. Colors are great on them; just wish they weren't so breakable.
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.

  6. #6
    Case Modding MoFo Crimson Sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    2,786

    Default Re: OLED TV's

    Quote Originally Posted by DrumThumper View Post
    A really quick google came up with this.

    I've never heard of B&H, so caveat emptor and all that good stuff.

    I've been buying from B&H for 28 years--absolutely the BEST deals on tons of electronics, particularly digital cameras and photographic equipment. They have a huge store in NYC that is the Disney World of tech. The smartest and friendliest sales reps in the business that don't try to sell you crap you don't need.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

  7. #7
    Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Posts
    5,145

    Default Re: OLED TV's

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    OLED TV's are coming with a 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio. And people wonder why 42" plasma's are only $800

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ufs9...elated&search=
    I'm having a dumb blonde moment. 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio is good right? But then you say "and people wonder why 42" plasma's are only $800". Isn't that a really good price for a 42" plasma? Maybe I misunderstood. lol why am I always the one labeled "village idiot". :p
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

  8. #8
    Case Modding MoFo Crimson Sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    2,786

    Default Re: OLED TV's

    What he means to say Snow is that emerging technology (the OLED)as always drives down the price of older (plasma) technology. Good for the consumer who doesn't quite need 1,000,000,000,000:1 contrast
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

  9. #9
    Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Posts
    5,145

    Default Re: OLED TV's

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    What he means to say Snow is that emerging technology (the OLED)as always drives down the price of older (plasma) technology. Good for the consumer who doesn't quite need 1,000,000,000,000:1 contrast
    Oh. yea, well um. I was... just... testing you guys! erm, congrats! You passed!

    lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

  10. #10
    I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,782

    Default Re: OLED TV's

    Speaking of cheap plasmas look here on newegg. That ain't bad at all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •