Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need A little Help

ATX Mental Case

Lightbulb Need A little Help

Ok so heres the idea..... I ordered a new case, the NZXT Lexa Blackline, I wanted to do a small mod on it to make it.... well "my own" you know heh give it some personality. Well I am wanting to do something to the front door of it.. I came up with a few idea and would like to hear what you guys think and I would definitely LOVE any suggestions.

Idea #1:
    Some kind of design (star, pentagram, heartagram..... something) painted on and accented it with RED leds.

Idea #2:
    My nick name "Blaze" cut into the door, backed in mesh then lighted with a red cathode or something of the sort.

Idea #3:
    Leave it alone and not chance messing it up :p

ANY ideas or suggestions are very much appreciated. I cant really know exactly what CAN be done till I get the case (its on friggin back order atm), but if anyone has a layout or model or something of the original lexa... they are almost identical. Also I may not have to buy a red light because if I'm not mistake the front door already has a red accent light.

Much thanks to Atomic... he inspired me
    Link to inspiration: Inspiration :p

Default Re: Need A little Help

welcome to tbcs (just incase no one else said it )

out of the two idea i like the second. speaking about led you could change out the led for different colours like i have with my dvd and floppy drive. (i don't have pics of the dvd drive but its the same concept)

you could paint the case, ummm can't think of anythngi else ATM. its 6am and i thinks time for bed.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
    welcome to tbcs (just incase no one else said it )

out of the two idea i like the second. speaking about led you could change out the led for different colours like i have with my dvd and floppy drive. (i don't have pics of the dvd drive but its the same concept)

you could paint the case, ummm can't think of anythngi else ATM. its 6am and i thinks time for bed.
    Thanks for the welcome . I was leaning towards the 2nd idea aswell, I guess a dremel would do the job best yea?
    As far as painting the case or changing the led colors... ehh I love the red and black theme... its what I want to stick with tbh.... but changing the power led (if it isnt red.. its probably green) to a red on would be a nice touch .

Welcome aboard. Changing out LED's is one of the easiest mods you can do. Yet, it's extremely effective. I kinda like the 2nd idea too.

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by SgtM View Post
    Welcome aboard. Changing out LED's is one of the easiest mods you can do. Yet, it's extremely effective. I kinda like the 2nd idea too.
    Yea I'm like 80% set on using my nick name... I was thinking, the case is black the light is/will be red.... so should I use black or chrome mesh?

Also changing leds sounds and seems simple.... however I will probably have to wait to do that cause I dont have a saudering iron.

As far as actually cutting my nick name into the door.. I've chosen a Stencil font to keep it simple when cutting. but should I go with "Blaze" or "BLAZE"

also should I use a dremel or is there any other tools reccomended for cutting it?
    Last edited by solja; 07-29-2007 at 06:55 AM. Reason: new idea... didnt want to double post.

Remember Remember, The 5th Of November.

I say Blaze, BECAUSE BLAZE, OR ANYTHING ELSE IN ALL CAPS WILL GET ON YOUR NERVES, IF NOT NOW. LATER.

I personally wouldnt put led's into the pentagram, just because imo it would give it a tacky feel, but if you want to go ahead. I would suggest trying to spice up the pentagram when you paint it buy using metal flake paint(sparkles) or doing some kind of effect. Flat red may not be too appealing.

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by D1337 View Post
    I say Blaze, BECAUSE BLAZE, OR ANYTHING ELSE IN ALL CAPS WILL GET ON YOUR NERVES, IF NOT NOW. LATER.

I personally wouldnt put led's into the pentagram, just because imo it would give it a tacky feel, but if you want to go ahead. I would suggest trying to spice up the pentagram when you paint it buy using metal flake paint(sparkles) or doing some kind of effect. Flat red may not be too appealing.

holy brain fart batman!!

The case has a window on the left side.... the right side is plain.... the Door should have "Blaze" like we have described it with the mesh and the light.... the right side should have a HUGE pentagram..... now to come up with an effect... maybe a blood drip effect... or maybe like you said just red flake paint..... this is going to be interesting

maybe even instead of a pentagram.... maybe an Anarchy symbol... who knows... possibilities are endless

ok this is the last time I'm going to edit this comment I promise... scouts honor heheh

I've decided to go with the "heartagram" which represents "pure love" and "pure evil" so there we go.... and this has went from "small mod only on the front door" to OMFG I NEED heartagram fan grills hehe
    Last edited by solja; 07-29-2007 at 09:07 AM. Reason: yet another brain fart

Quote Originally Posted by solja View Post
    ... "Blaze" .... maybe an Anarchy symbol... who knows... possibilities are endless
    you could make it into blAze on the side/front with tha A the Anarchy Symbol
    Last edited by Crazy Buddhist; 07-29-2007 at 12:32 PM. Reason: formatting

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    you could make it into blAze on the side/front with tha A the Anarchy Symbol
    I used that idea but customized it... it shall be like this.....

painted on the side of the case..... the door will probably stay stock... I am still in need of some heartagram fan grills though... any idea where to get some... or maybe someone can make some for me for cheap? pweaseeeeeeeeeeee

oh and just in case you guys dont know what a heartagram is....

if you have a coping/scroll saw and some files you could make them yourself from red acrylic and put some leds in them
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.