Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Stock Market collapse: Prepare For The Bear

Default Re: Stock Market collapse: Prepare For The Bear

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    He must be minted-Golf is the luxury in Japan. It's certainly an interesting prospect.

-Dave
    If he is minted he made that cash teaching English in Japan - when I knew him he was a half Welsh half Iraqi kid from the valleys - looked Iraqi, spoke valley Welsh English, not a moneyed family by any means.

Matthew

^^^^ that's an ugly picture.

Car sales have halved from last year.

"Decline of UK Economy Worsens" - BBC News

Car sales have halved from last year.
    I think most people, including myself, are just buying second-hand cars. This £2000 off a new car to trade in an old one might help, but it's just another gimmick in my mind; that new car is still going to cost £4000+, while the second hand one could be as low as £400 (which is what I paid for my current car, and what a belter it is).

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

10 of them will last longer no matter how bad your driving

10 of them will last longer no matter how bad your driving
    New cars are built to break, old ones built to last. We've reached a point where old cars will last just as long as new ones, especially if they're of the VW or Honda family. This incentive is clearly to get those older cars off the roads straight up; you only get the money if you scrap that old car, forcing people to buy new and overpriced cars.

I'll stick with my $400 Tarmacsticator. Brown can smoke his £2000 incentive along with the £5000 he's offering if you buy an electric. Liaise with the fuel companies and manufacturers if you want this thing to work; don't just throw money at the problem and hope it goes away. Of course, I'm preaching to the choir here.

-Dave
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

The whole world is a choir excluding politicians lobbyists bankers aristocracy and the mega-rich. (not Gates)

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    The whole world is a choir excluding politicians lobbyists bankers aristocracy and the mega-rich. (not Gates)
    By Gates you mean Bill, and not the current Defense Sec. of the US, am I right?
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

Is awesome

In other news, the Dow posted a huge rise today. There's hardly any chance of this keeping up, right? I mean, bear-market rally has to have SOME meaning. The house of cards built up by ridiculous government handouts has to fall eventually, right? There's no way that the dow should be posting gains when every sector is posting losses.
    You love my sig.

The bailouts will have a negative economic impact. They take resources from well managed businesses and the public and hand them to badly managed businesses which by the law of the jungle should just die.

So yes I would agree this is a bear market rally and will fall again. That is exactly what a bear market rally means. Some folk get suckered into thinking things are ona turnaround and put their $ in the market to see it fall again.

Bear market rallies can be quite extended. All market valuations are guesses now though .. with so much cash thrown at the situation and government debt created to pay for it no one knows the outcome for sure.

My personal opinion is still strongly in line with Peter Schiff that a collapse of the dollar will likeley set off the nexxt phase of decline.

CB

Ugh. I really really wish that our government would just let the market run its course. Its my belief that GM and all the other companies that got "bailout" money should either learn to cope with downsizing half their companies or like CB said, die. If you can't manage your company well enough to survive, you shouldn't exist.

or, at least fire EVERYONE and start over fresh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER