Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Share your spooky stories! +Rep for each story posted!

Default Re: Share your spooky stories! +Rep for each story posted!

Great stories! Keep em coming!

+Rep'd down to ContraptionMaker!

Lemme know if I've missed anyone

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    Ogrish.com used to be the best horror site because it was all real. That stuff is gone now.
    That site was mucked up! they had videos of beheadings in iraq and some guy beheading a pig and watching it run around without a head for 2 mins laughing his head off! sick im glad its gone!!!

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

A few days ago I was at my friend's house picking up some of my stuff I left there. He wasnt going to be home until very late so (since the stuff was in the workshop) he said I could come and get everything while he was out and there was no one home.

I didnt show up there until about 8:00 PM, so it was pretty dark out already. I had to go out to his garage/workshop which is across his very large, and of course wooded yard in the back. So I get in there, turn on the lights so I can see, and start grabbing my stuff. Well, before I went I decided to see if he had a Torx wrench because I needed one to take something apart. His actual tool cabinet is in his garage. Being a very old house, and them not using the garage much they never installed ceiling lights. Instead there was only a small lamp on top of the cabinet. Well I'm searching for the tools and all of the sudden I hear workshop (which I cant see while in the garage) door open and close. Thinking that maybe my friend got home early and was seeing what I was up to, I went over into the workshop. Now right here I got a little tensed up. No one was there, and the lights had been turned off. Now I thought he was just playing a joke on me, but I was a little creeped out none the less. So I leave the workshop and go over towards the entrance to his yard where he normally parks his car. Of course, its not there and hes not home. Now, I wont lie to you, I was a little scared. So now I head back to the work shop, to just get my stuff, the Torx wrench and leave. I grab my stuff out of the workshop, turn the light off on my way out, head over into the garage to get the wrench. The little lamp is still on, so I search through the cabinet. I found the wrench and was just about to turn the lamp off. Out of nowhere I start hearing this very loud banging on the outside wall of the garage. I absolutely froze. Now here's where I just about died. The banging moved. It moved down the wall away from me at first, continued on the opposite wall and started coming towards me down the other wall. As it moved down this wall it sped up and got louder. Not having a clue what was going to come at me I grabbed a very large socket wrench from next to me. It got all the way down the wall to the door right next to me where I was prepared to hit something. It gets to the door and the banging stops. In an attempt to catch who or whatever it was, I quickly throw the door open. Nothing.

I honestly don't know what it was. A person seems like the most likely story, but I know I opened that door half a second after the banging right at it stopped. Even if someone was doing it they couldnt have gotten away from that door fast enough.

I grabbed the wrench, grabbed my stuff, and GTFOed.

Anyway, thats my creepy story. I don't know if any of the creepiness translated well from the situation to this forum, but that is my creepy story.

-Indybird

Very very nice great job all! looking forward to more

You'll get some real life horror every morning when you wake up if you marry a mutant (like those from Wrong Turn 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Acey View Post
    You'll get some real life horror every morning when you wake up if you marry a mutant (like those from Wrong Turn 2)
    o_0

Some deep-seeded nightmare of yours Acey? That seemed a little out of the blue

I don't have anything all that spooky, though I've got a few inexplicable things... the largest of which is probably my ceiling fan. I've got an IRC log from that point...

<Sanguini> oh, yeah...actually I got a story to tell
    <Py> oh?
    <Sanguini> the ceiling fan here in my room stays on 24/7
    <Sanguini> well
    <Sanguini> When I'm here, it's on, rather
    <Sanguini> so of course it's on last night. I had the light on too (I turn that on and off by the pull chain), I was lying there in bed, reading
    <Sanguini> and I look up and realize, oh, fan stopped
    <Py> o.O
    <Sanguini> so I think about that, look at it for a couple minutes, pinch myself
    <Sanguini> We'd been having power issues, but the light was on, and the switch here in the corner (networking, not on/off) was whirring away
    <Sanguini> so I figured that wasn't it
    <Sanguini> so I get up to try to spin it started again, and as soon as my feet hit the floor, (censored) comes on
    <Sanguini> Ooookay.
    <Sanguini> So I get back in bed.
    <Sanguini> Not 30 seconds later, it's off again.
    <Sanguini> I whacked the wall, and that didn't do it
    <Sanguini> but the floor did, I guess
    At the time, I blamed the wiring... but this was almost two years ago. Hasn't done it since.

In a more asking-for-it scenario, a couple of my friends would all stay over this guy's house, hold a weekend LAN party... we'd do this every couple of months, up until about a year ago. These generally involved midnight walks to go get snacks and soda, at the very least, and occasionally we'd head the opposite direction around two, three in the morning. Now, his house was on the "last road in civilization"; the street light at the end is, I believe, still the second-to-last one on 137 (the state highway) out of town. (Here's a crude map.) We always saw/heard weird things, of course, this being the New Hampshire woods... perhaps the creepiest was the moving light in the middle of the field above the P in Proctor Rd., since there are no houses out behind there... still haven't figured that one out.

There ya go, Cymae; that's what I've got.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

I've got one to post tomorrow, maybe with a picture to go along with it then, or I will upload it on Wednesday.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Its was 1982 in early september, come to think of it it was September 12th my wedding anniversary(hrm this is actually kind of eerie). Anyway, on september 11th I was up really late trying to finish a book report I procrastinated on and my grandpa was laying on the couch. When I went to give him a kiss on the forehead good night he was in this cold clammy sweat. He was deaf and I was taught sign language so I could talk to him. He told me he loved me and that even though I was late on my book report he was proud of me.

When I came home from school the next day he had passed away after we left for school. My grandmother(also deaf) told us he knew he was dying and didnt want us to witness it. Even though he was gone we all insisted we wanted to go to the hospital knowing full well we wouldnt get to see him, we wanted to go anyway. I specifically needed to go. I was in shock and needed to be there for whatever reason, I had no idea why.

It was roughly about 1030pm or so the night of the 12th when we got home. When we walked in there was only one light on with no obstructions anywhere around it but the wall that was behind it. I looked up and saw a shape on the wall opposite the light, and it completely resembled him. I blinked my eyes and the shape on the wall was gone. In its place where the ceiling meets the wall was a very large spider, the size of a tarantula. My sister screamed before I could get to it and my dad destroyed it. To this day I wondered if maybe that spider was there because of my grandfather. But I guess I will never know. But its something that I will never forget. Ever.

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Not really spooky, but I have experienced deja vu twice in my life. The first time that it happened was in my hometown--I walked into a friend's grandmother's house (his grandfather had passed away the previous year), and I somehow knew where all the "everyday items" were--the utensils, the knick knacks, all the mundane stuff. Made for an interesting supper to say the least. It was also one of the wierdest feelings that I have ever felt as well.

I can also remember looking at a rental in Billings MT that was quite creepy: slab floor that was cracked and buckled, spiderwebs in more than one corner of the ceiling, etc. It looked like something out of a B grade horror movie. However, the creepiest part of the house was actually outside: someone had hung a stuffed animal (either a dog or a teddy bear, I cannot remember which) from a tree limb with a noose.

Needless to say, I didn't rent that place.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream