Thread: Foreign mod case. My first one

Cool Foreign mod case. My first one

I'm from Costa Rica, a small country in Central America. I got the inspiration to create a mod case from this page and I'm starting my proyect. In this moment I only have the idea and some screenshots for the theme that I want to create.

I will need some advice from you since you're the experts. I got some materials but I will like some advice on how to build a wall-shape side on my case. What do you recommend for that?

Default Re: Foreign mod case. My first one

Oh, BTW, the idea for my case is based on the Silent Hill saga.

Why not post some screenshots or sketches? That was we can help you out with how to go about actually making it.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

I have some screenshots that may help me on the mod case. Check them out:

Hey Charlielc,
    I dont play the game, so I don't know much about it, but it seems to me that sewer pipe in the second pic or what ever it is would be an excelent template for a fan or blow hole feature. Maybe some dark screening instead of a fan grill and that red paint along the outside rim.

The left side of the case could be painted and textured to match the distressed concrete and brick around it. A window that looks dirty and gross with an etching of the silent hill logo.

If you were using a case with a bottom mounted PSU, could take a bit from that gory 5th pic.

The front door could be moulded with the chains in the second pic to actually look like the door. Possibly a red LED clusster could be your door knob/power LED and a peep hole as a LED/HDD activity light.

The chained hanging corpses could be crafted out of some old actioin figures and hung off the back of the optical drives and the chandelier crafted for a light feature out of maybe some plastic/acrylic rods.

Anyway... a few ideas to get you started, I am sure some of the more experienced guys that have played the game would be some more help to you.

Looks like a great project, can't wait to see some of it coming together for you. Good luck and keep us updated. This looks like it is going to be a great one.
    ***Impossible means it will just take more time***

yup maybe wire some leds into the chanelier. maybe around the base on the outside you could have grimy tiles and a uranul or two and some grafitti, like in the first pic. if you
    pull off the distressing well, this could turn out great.
    "to lose a parent is a tredgedy, to lose two is just carelessness"
    -Oscar Wild

Hey Charlielc,
    Silent Hill! That's a great idea, and I think you got some good screenshots to work with too. I am still a novice at all of this, but depending on what tools you have, I think you could really make this gleem. Do you have an airbrush? Because alot of the coloring and detail work in those pictures will take some narrow painting. You could make those tiles by getting a piece of tack board (not sure if you have the same thing there), really just like two pieces of thick paper smashed together with styrofoam in the middle (about 1/4" thick). Or anything like that, draw your tiles and use a razor to cut very thin lines where the tiles are separated. Then use some dilute light-brown watercolor paint and dab around the tiles to give it the grimy look. I would try some scraps of old, plain colored, wallpaper to make the wall above the tiles. Then you could scratch away at some areas and paint others, etc... But remember that if you did these things, they would be fairly delicate and would really be best behind a barrier or inside the case. Pure Rock Fury's idea about the sewer hole is a great one two. Those chains might be easy to do if you can find some cheap, old chain necklaces and spray paint them with primer, and a little accent of dark colored paint on the edges (this would almost definately be airbrush work). You got alot of great stuff here to get started, go for it! Cool idea too!
    Jon