Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: really......

Default Re: really......

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Fanaticism has been around for a long time, and it hasn't killed us off quite yet.
    -Dave
    Not yet, but as it is amplified by modern technology such as television and social-media, the process is beginning. Maybe it won't end our individual lives, but it will end our collective intelligence.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Started long before then, and isn't restricted to teenagers. What about Sherlock Holmes, or Jane Austin? Even then, this is only commercial fanaticism. What about sporting fanaticism? We can go back to the invention of the Olympics, or the Coliseum. Religious fanaticism anyone? Fanaticism has been around for a long time, and it hasn't killed us off quite yet.

-Dave
    That may be true, but TOO much glitter can make it hard to breathe.

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

[drunk post]

Well every time i've seen a car accident it seems i'm the only person willing to jump out of the car and try to lend a hand toward the people who need it.

I mean if i'm trapped in a car after a accident, i'd sure want someone to be there with me while EMSA or the fire department come. I only know basic first aid and CPR certified, but jesus man... i can't believe the people that see a car accident and take a right hand turn around the corner. So i'll be there whenever the time comes to shut the car off, check the kids in the back seat, or just sit by there side while the real helpers come.

lol helped a guy flip his truck back over once, guess he caught the lip of a curb on a offramp and rolled his truck onto the side, guy was fine but needed a rope to flip it back over to its side.

amazing part? none of the damn windows were broken, scratched all to hell and the drivers mirror was completely MIA but none of the windows were broken, you'd think they would of shattered doing that.

And a 2003 toyota echo can yank a truck back on its wheels if you put it in L gear.