Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Stealthlow

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Project Stealthlow

Heheh, there you go. If the hole is too big, make it bigger. Looks great.

Oh, and I believe you are correct..I didn't notice the opposing cylinders sticking out; I think this is a Goldwing.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Now making cases for the heck of it =) Waynio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Heheh, there you go. If the hole is too big, make it bigger. Looks great.

Oh, and I believe you are correct..I didn't notice the opposing cylinders sticking out; I think this is a Goldwing.
    I'm stil not sure what I make of the unplanned design of the mesh but this is about half way done, it was the 2 unwanted holes from the clamping piece I was going to use that threw this mesh way off course & into unplanned territory lol.

If I don't end up liking what I do with this I'll order another sheet & re-do the back panel but even so I'll get the rest of the panel made & then it could act as a template which would really reduce the amount of time required to re-make it .

Well I didn't like the unplanned mess I started turning this into so I ordered a new sheet yesterday.

Wowzers just got the fresh sheet of alu a couple of hours ago & didn't waste any time it is now back in the shape it was before I added the 2 holes for the expansion card mounting system, all the mounting holes line up correct too thank goodness .

So all thats needed to be done now for the back panel is:
    Cut the psu hole out, cut a hole out for the bottom hdd fan, shorten the length of the curve bar blocks so they don't interfere with the top exhaust, cut a hole out for the top exhaust, drill out a mesh then the back panel is near complete . I'll do all this if I can be bothered as that was a concentrated workload I just completed to get back to where I was the other day .

Here, I couldn't be bothered doing more than getting back to where I mucked up but I could just about be bothered to get a pic lol.

Wow, fast shipping on that panel!
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Wow, fast shipping on that panel!
    Yeah, awesome service from my new supplier which I found on ebay & way cheaper aluminium too , I got a 3mm x 1000mm x 500mm £30 with express delivery £21 if I could go pick it up in person.

With my old supplier this sheet would have cost me £63 & could have been waiting anything from 3 days to 2 weeks & without protective backing so could get it in bad condition but they are good for bar profiles but for sheet alu I'd never go with them again.

Wow...If I lived in the UK I'd ask who it was..maybe see about putting them in the supplier section on our wiki?
    --Benjamin Franklin

Wow...If I lived in the UK I'd ask who it was..maybe see about putting them in the supplier section on our wiki?
    Good idea, really had nothing but perfect service with them .

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Aluminium-D...id=p4340.l2563

Started 6 am Friday, finished 8 pm had a few quick coffee breaks.

Days like today make me remember why I make my own cases, the past few days I've been questioning why am I bothering doing this lol & the answer is in the pictures, the first botch up panel was one of those where I don't know what to make of it & wondered if I could grow to like it but todays effort I knew immediately I'm glad to say wooooooo .

OK so I missed out on taking pictures with the custom circle hex pattern I downloaded, printed from http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/ but I cut to size & stuck down with cello tape & marked the centre of each circle which tested my patience over a few sessions through the night lol but whenever it got too much I just watched a show to break the monotony & when it was done I covered it in cello tape so it all stays down & left until 6 am.

Not sure how long the spot drilling took but it was quite a while, then drilled a 3.2mm bit & then used a 7mm bit, then got my bigger countersink bit & accidentally went too deep on the first one so did all the rest at the same depth & pretty fast I noticed it was a good accident for 2 reasons: 1 it adds a nice & easier way for the air to get through, 2 I think it looks pretty damn good.

The circle at the bottom I wasn't sure if I should go with a plain hole or do the mesh so I went with the mesh & had to just use a few 3.2mm holes for the ones closest to the edge of the wanted circle, not a bad result I think .

Flipped the piece over & done slight countersinks on the exterior side, then used wd40 to get the tacky cello tape completely off & then used the satinising mop to minimise scratches & then went over it with a fine satinising mop, dusted down & installed back to the case & wow I love it when I impress myself & feels a fair while since I done that, so then enough blah blah & enjoy the pics .

Awesome day .

Holey carp!!! That is a lot of drilling in on day. I really like how the happy accident turns out. It's a different look and it can't hurt the airflow at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field