View Poll Results: Which of these do you mainly use to browse the cyberweb?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Internet Explorer

3 6.82%
  • Firefox

24 54.55%
  • Chrome

13 29.55%
  • Other

4 9.09%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Browser choice

Default Re: Browser choice

I usually use Firefox, but I voted 'Other' because it wasn't multiple-choice and I run Opera fairly often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

Opera here.

So far it's a tie between Firefox and Chrome! Much like it is for me, why can't they just combine them to create an even better browser.
    Projects: RGB Tower - Custom CPU water block

Watching someone else use your computer is like watching a drunk orangutan solve a rubix cube. They have no idea what they're doing and you just wish they'd hand you the damn thing so you can do it yourself.
    -TheOatmeal

Chrome and Firefox tied...makes sense to me. I use both: Chrome for myself and Firefox whenever the school's website demands it.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

I actually use both Firefox and Chrome. I use Firefox for my general browsing, where I constantly have 30+ tabs open, and I have craptons of addons for a bunch of extra functionality. I use Chrome for Hulu and various other media applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    Does IE still have that ridiculous install process that then asks you to reboot your PC afterwards?
    That's just a Windows thing. Any time anything at all writes to the registry (thankfully getting less and less common) Windows has to reboot. Plus, since IE has historically shared so many common files with WE (Windows Explorer, the file browser) that IE updates would often reach down into the bowels of the OS, far past what you would expect a web browser to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamon View Post
    So far it's a tie between Firefox and Chrome! Much like it is for me, why can't they just combine them to create an even better browser.
    IMO because they're targeted at different audiences. The way I see it is this: Chrome is quick starting, modular, and really aimed at the general user and/or multimedia applications. Firefox is more aimed at the power user. It is slower starting but it is a lot more customizable and handles working with crazy numbers of tabs much better (well, with the correct add-on ).

EDIT:
    Forgot to mention...in Linux I also use Arora (stripped down FF branch) for its quick and simple proxy changes independent of FF.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Yea, you are probably right x88x. I only need to set an hour aside to configure Firefox properly. Got any addon suggestions? ^^
    Projects: RGB Tower - Custom CPU water block

Watching someone else use your computer is like watching a drunk orangutan solve a rubix cube. They have no idea what they're doing and you just wish they'd hand you the damn thing so you can do it yourself.
    -TheOatmeal

I am Jack's smirking revenge. 985323's Avatar

opera
    Will

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diamon View Post
    Yea, you are probably right x88x. I only need to set an hour aside to configure Firefox properly. Got any addon suggestions? ^^
    Tab Mix Plus, AdBlock Plus, DownThemAll, Web Developer, Firebug, Uppity, FlagFox, NoScript (if you're paranoid like me ), Download Status Bar, FireFTP, FoxyProxy, Greasemonkey, IETab (for the occasional thing that actually needs IE).. ..that's all I can think of atm.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

I seriously LOVE fireFTP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

i used to use opera, and i will be trying it again when version 11 fully comes out. but lately its been firefox.