Thread: modding an rv01 to a maingear shift

Default modding an rv01 to a maingear shift

After trolling way to many forums seeing you had the most respectful and intelligent answers, I found this one to be the best. Im planning to duplicate the maingear shift case, my question to the forums are well , suggestions in making that happen. I dont execpt to be easy but It is possible, so any thing helps.

Thanks in advance
    Bang

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Default Re: modding an rv01 to a maingear shift

You may want to start by letting us know what you have done in the past, so we'll have an idea of what you may or may not be able to do yourself. Another thing that will help is if you provide some pics of the case you're starting with and the one you hope to finish with - sure we can go googling and find them but it'd be nice if you saved us the trouble...

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

The base case is going to be the rv01 ( http://www.silverstonetek.com/raven/...=RV01&area=usa)

The maingear shift case is a case made from the rv01 base and unfortunately you cant buy just the case. As far as experience I have a decent amount of structural engineering and modding. Just looking for suggestions.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Are those the ones where everything is mounted to the top?
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

The Raven series case.

Yes, it's the 1st edition.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Quote Originally Posted by AngerBang View Post
    After trolling way to many forums...
    Haha! Interesting use of the word 'trolling'.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerBang View Post
    ...seeing you had the most respectful and intelligent answers, I found this one to be the best. Im planning to duplicate the maingear shift case, my question to the forums are well , suggestions in making that happen. I dont execpt to be easy but It is possible, so any thing helps.

Thanks in advance
    Bang
    Welcome to TBCS by the way.
    Now, which features exactly were you aiming to duplicate? It looks to me like the guts are entirely the same and only the outer case is different. Are you trying to make an indistinguishable replica?..or just get rid of the 'stealth fighter' look?
    The Maingear appears to be brushed aluminum. You'll need a bending brake and rotary tool at your disposal to recreate that. You can make your own brake out of a workbench and a couple pieces of angle iron with clamps. You'll also need to cut out the vents in the top and bottom with the rotary tool...or a drill/jigsaw combination. As for fastening, I assume rivets or screws are what holds the Raven together, so they'd be a natural choice for your mod. Two sided tape is made out of pure magic though...so keep that in mind. You should get a roll of the good stuff just for the hell of it. It's good to have laying around.

Oh yeah, measure twice, cut once. Everyone seems to have heard that before but they always forget it when the time comes.

If you have specific questions, ask away.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.