Thread: Computer Raffle?

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Computer Raffle?

My Rage in the Machine PC has been a real hit while on display at Micro Center. I've had several offers and tons people show an interest in learning to mod.

I'm thinking of raffling off my Rage in the Machine computer and giving the money to charity. I'd prefer if a local hospital that takes of children with Cancer gets the money.

I've discussed it with my manager about doing the raffle in the store and the money could even be donated in Micro Center's name. He forwarded the request to his upper's.

Has anyone worked with a charity in such a manner that may have any advice on such an endevour?
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Default Re: Computer Raffle?

Once a year, we do charity work to generate funds for Children's Miracle Network. I'm not sure if you have heard of them or not, but they provide dream wishes, like meeting a celebrity or doing something they wouldn't be able to do or have. It's a great charity, as most of what CMN does helps the ones that have been diagnosed as terminal. It's attached to most Children's Hospitals.

They usually have a representative at the locations that can help you through the process. Good luck!

children's hospitals always are willing to take charity. they help with a little bit of everything. i know the one in Pittsburgh saved my brothers life from tumors to the brains 4 years ago. they are all amazing people and it takes a special kind of person to work with kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

I'd call the Hospital in interest and see what they say about a donation.

I would do a direct donation though, and not through a 3rd party charity.

Quote Originally Posted by Okele View Post
    Children's Miracle Network. I'm not sure if you have heard of them or not,

7-11 charities for them every single year. its the "paper balloons" on the windows. lol i've always donated a 1$ or more for a balloon.

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Do whatever you can to keep cash in hand and put it right to the charity - handling fees and admin costs eat up way too much of what people are willing to give to charity - there have been several reports of as little as 5c in the $ actually getting to the needy at the end of all the admin stuff.

Any time I've wanted to donate in the past, or known someone who does, I always make the same suggestion - walk into a McDonalds and put the money into the RMCC box - McD's pays (or used to pay) all of the admin costs of the charity as thier contribution so every cent which goes into those boxes gets to the kids in one form or another....

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Yeah I was planning on actually going to the hospital and finding a rep
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    Yeah I was planning on actually going to the hospital and finding a rep
    thats what i'd do. I'm sure they would/could give waaayy more details and information about donating then we can.

were just making assumptions and stabs in the dark here pretty much.