Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Project PC In Disguise

Overclocked

Default Re: Project PC In Disguise

Eureka! I've been inspired by Dgephri's Bloodmoon project; I'm so amazed by the two front fans that I am now going to try to incorporate two front fans into my own case. BTW, everyone check out project Bloodmoon by Dgephri, it's nice!

Overclocked

After taking a much needed break and getting into the routines of school again, it's time to start working on the project again. I was trying to decide what to do next, whether I should start planning and cutting holes on the front for the fans or to finish up the helmet and start the bottom half of the mask. I decided to go with the latter, so I could get all of that Bondo work done and out of the way. I will have to make minor modifications to the face mask (cut some holes in it and add a grill for proper ventilations from the fans.) and then I can start working with the putty.

Overclocked

All of this talking reminds me of a question that I have been wanting to ask for quite some time now. Seeing as thought I will have so much extra electronics and lighting on/in this case, I was wondering if it would be possible to somehow incorporate a second power supply into the project, just to power all the gadgets and secondary items in the case. This would be a great time for every single person who reads this thread to post their opinion, thoughts, ideas, and suggestions on this little dilema or anything about the project for that matter. I hope to have pictures of the Bondo work to the bottom half of the helmet soon (once I start working on it lol). Until then, I'm out.

You shouldn't need an extra power supply, one should do it. If course, this depends on what you're running. But if you factor in that the PSU is the most inefficient part of your computer, in terms of energy in/energy out, it seems to me to be a waste to put a second PSU in there.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Overclocked

I have a 550 watt power supply that I'm hoping will power two stepper motors that will move the helmet around, the lcd screen, everything that's in the computer right now, minimum of one extra fan, and some extra lighting.

Overclocked

Wow, yet another setback. I got super mad on saturday (no idea how), and I decided to punch a wall. The wall had nothing but metal studs in it and I swear I heard the ring of the metal when my hand connected with the wall. Long story short, my hand is puffed up like mad, I can't move my pinky, and I am very sore (I also happen to be a big baby lol). Whatever, I still hope to Bondo-up the face mask sometime this week; so more reports soon. Until then, I'm out.

The knuckle of my pinky is the size of the knuckle of my middle finger

My one knuckle has completely disappeared

ouchie...can't wait to see what you do for the front of yours.

I love TRON myself...always wanted to do a TRON themed UV case in blue and red.

Will be keeping an eye this. BTW, please try to not poison or injure yourself any further.
    BloodMoon: a Qmicra Watercooling mod
    Asus P5LD2-VM--P4 950D (no Conroe mATX I could accept yet)
    4X512 Corsair DDR2 675--XFX 7950GX2 (520 clocks)
    2X250Gig Western Digital 16Meg Caviar SATA300s
    DangerDen TDX--DangerDen 7950
    BlackIce Pro II Radiator
    DDC12v pump--3/8" fittings
    Qmicra case by PCDesign Labs
    Matrix Orbital MX6--Plextor 716-SA DVD/RW

Overclocked

Yeah, I've definitely learnt my lesson, that's for sure; however the wall punching was not provoked by the project lol. My idea for the tron computer is really big and I don't have the time right now to explain; however I can assure you it will be something no one has ever even dreamt of before! As to your interest in the front of my case, may I ask what you mean lol? I plan on putting a minimum of one fan on the front and have an LCD screen where the optical drives are now. The motorized moveable face plate moves up and down to protect, then show the LCD screen. Also, the color scheme of the entire case will be different then what it is now. I'll have more details and updates soon. Until then, I'm out.

P.S. Thanks for posting. Glad to hear I'm not the only one interested in this project!

Overclocked

Hot damn, ATX Mental Case! Anyways, I'm off to the store to buy some Bondo. I'm hoping this is the last Bondo work I'm going to have to do because up here in Winnipeg it's not going to stay in the + degrees much longer!

ATX Mental Case

Space heater will keep you modding through the winter in winterpeg. Helps out alot here in TO.