Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Project: Savage

Default Re: Project: Savage

That's looking really good. I'm liking your work, even if it's interspaced with random acts of violence against the parts which...didn't make the grade.

Seriously, it's good. The work is looking better every time i see it. You obviously know your tools and techniques, and you're getting good results from your experiments.

Keep it up.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    That's looking really good. I'm liking your work, even if it's interspaced with random acts of violence against the parts which...didn't make the grade.
    Random acts of violence? I like to call it "quality control".

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Seriously, it's good. The work is looking better every time i see it. You obviously know your tools and techniques, and you're getting good results from your experiments.

Keep it up.

-Dave
    Thanks Dave, it means a lot. I'm still learning, and to be honest, I've never used or owned a Dremel until this project, haha. So I guess I'm either a quick learner, or I have tons of scrapped parts that I haven't shown you guys

In all honesty, throughout everything I've done so far, this has been my bible.

ATX Mental Case

Nice Work you got there,I like your mod
    PC:AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ with TT Ruby Orb ,Abit AN52S ,1GB x2 Kingston DDR2 667,
    Gigabyte 8500GT Ultra Edition 256mb DDR3 [Oced 700/800],Maxtor 40GB,Maxtor 120GB,Creative Audigy Value,Creative Inspire 4.1,Modded Casing

ATX Mental Case

Put together my watercooling loop today to run a leak test, but while filling I found a leak in my water-cooling window =/

I was afraid of this, but fortunately the leak appeared very very tiny. I'll just have to be liberal with the weld-on and then try it again. Also finished that top grill, I'll have pics of both that and the watercooling test later this week I hope.
    Project: Savage (in progress)
    Lian-Li PC-70 | Intel Core2Duo E6600 | Swiftech Storm w/ MCP655 Pump | P5W DH Deluxe | 2GB Corsair DDR2-800 | X1900XTX 256MB w/ Maze4 Waterblock | Audigy 4 | WD Caviar 300GB HD | WD Raptor 36GB HD | 2xslot-load DVD+RW slim drives

to get that bit out of your block, hook your pump up to it drawing from a 5 gal. bucket or something, and have the block drain somewere else. then run the pump and shake the block around with water going through it, that should do it i would think. Also, looking at that last pic, it would really look good it the fan guard plate was raised about 1 cm off the case top, then there would be more flow, less noise, and a really good lighting effect i bet.

ATX Mental Case

That looks badass

You're doing a fantastic job, your enthusiasm will be an inspiration I'm sure. keep up the good work. Glad the book has come in handy, I see that you used the paper model technique for sizing/fitting--good thinkin'!
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    You're doing a fantastic job, your enthusiasm will be an inspiration I'm sure. keep up the good work. Glad the book has come in handy, I see that you used the paper model technique for sizing/fitting--good thinkin'!
    This post makes me think of those tv commercials where some little kid gets to meet his all-time sports hero or something...maybe I even giggled like a schoolgirl too....maybe....
    Lian-Li PC-70 | Intel Core2Duo E6600 | Swiftech Storm w/ MCP655 Pump | P5W DH Deluxe | 2GB Corsair DDR2-800 | X1900XTX 256MB w/ Maze4 Waterblock | Audigy 4 | WD Caviar 300GB HD | WD Raptor 36GB HD | 2xslot-load DVD+RW slim drives

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by xdxforever View Post
    to get that bit out of your block, hook your pump up to it drawing from a 5 gal. bucket or something, and have the block drain somewere else. then run the pump and shake the block around with water going through it, that should do it i would think. Also, looking at that last pic, it would really look good it the fan guard plate was raised about 1 cm off the case top, then there would be more flow, less noise, and a really good lighting effect i bet.
    haha, OMG, I forgot! When I get home I'll post the picture I took of how I got it out. Basically I took a twist-tie, stripped off the paper so jsut the very thin wire was left, and fished it out. Took about 15-20 minutes, but I got that sonofabitch.

ATX Mental Case

ok supercool update time!

Brought home my WC stuff, hotwired my PSU, filled up the loop and I'm working on getting the bubbles out and letting it run overnight. I don't know if I feel safe enough letting it run tomorrow while I'm at work.

Hotwired PSU...thanks to forums like this, users like you, and the number 5!!

The LOOP (with special guest star...hard liquor!!!)

Oh, and as promised, pics of my custom top fan grill, we'll see how it goes when I install it and run it with fans. I even sanded it to give it a nice finish. The grill looks WAAAY better in that picture than in person, idgi =/ but hey, looks like I did a f'in sweet job, except where I fell asleep @ the dremel on the top of that A.