Thread: Jerico

Overclocked

Default Jerico

First I'd like to apologise for my absence on the forums as of late, college and work keep the 'ole capitan very very busy.

Anyways, last night I tuned in to CBS for the first episode of the new series "Jericho" and I'm already getting excited over what the series could be. For those who don't know what it's about, let me just say this it's about a small town in Texas I think, and there has been a nuclear "accident" (or attack) not too far away. Being a huge fallout fan, the appeal to me is obvious, however I think everyone could get into this series... if it stays as awesome as the pilot.

Dave, I don't know if you CBS airs in your part of the world, but I have the feeling you'll want to watch this.

(also I know I didn't spell the show correctly in the title... sorry)

some custom title eh Cannibal23's Avatar

Default Re: Jerico

if cbs does not broadcast there, you might concider looking for the episodes on bit torrent. of course you will have to wait a while for someone to capture them off the tv first. perhaps if ye ole buckaneer redbeard has a video capture card he could do you a wicked awesome favor and cap them.

yar
    - The stone knows not why the chistle cleves it
    - The steel knows not why the fire scorches it
    - When thy life is cleft and scorched
    - Curse not thine evil fate
    - Thank the builder for the trials that shape thee.

Overclocked

aye I do in fact have one, but also good news is that CBS is supposedly airing the new shows on the site as well so you can tune online.

some custom title eh Cannibal23's Avatar

total sweetness
    - The stone knows not why the chistle cleves it
    - The steel knows not why the fire scorches it
    - When thy life is cleft and scorched
    - Curse not thine evil fate
    - Thank the builder for the trials that shape thee.

Water Cooled

Jerico is in Kansas. I saw the first episode and so far it looks prety good. It sure beat the premier episode of Smith. My only worry is that it won't have a wide enough appeal and they'll cancel it.

last year there were 3 disaster/invasion shows and none lasted very long. Can anyone remember their names? I thought not. I'm hopeing Jerico doesn't use any Sci-fi stuff (no bodysnatchers in swamps, no giant lizards in lava, no DNA altering sounds) and we can enjoy a good old fashioned cold war type paranoid scenario

Nooo!!!

I can't get CBS over here! Damn you Americans! Redbeard, can i come live with you for the duration of the series?

Found this link, and after a short bit of searching, turned up something about extended episodes being broadcast online. Mayhaps all is not lost?

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Overclocked

even though I have a private room in my dorm, I know my college frowns upon (kicks out) people who harbor non students for any long time. But maybe I could just run you a cable from here to you. Imagine a cable running along the Atlantic ocean... we'd need a lot of connectors, and the quality would definitely bite but hey you could watch Jericho.

In all seriousness though CBS.com should be airing the episodes.

It's always intersting when things like this happen-and you always think fallout. It's the original post-nuclear apocalypse. Some people would say wasteland was there first, but let's face it, it was fallout that brought style to the whole thing.

Still trying to come up with ideas for the fallout computer. Think i'll start a thread for ideas.

-Dave

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW
    Still trying to come up with ideas for the fallout computer. Think i'll start a thread for ideas.

-Dave

Hey Dave - You probably already know about this page...but if not, here is some Fallout themes from other modders.

Fallout Mods

Yeah, i've seen em'. I'm totally into the paintjob on that case-it's not a 'fallouty' case, more of a tribute. And i like it!

-Dave