Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pictures of servers

Default Pictures of servers

Anyone know of a good resource to get pictures of servers and/or computers for free? I need a couple to use on an advertisement for my company.

Overclocked

Default Re: Pictures of servers

if you're trying to do something commercial, you'll have a lot less luck getting free pictures. also, "servers" and "computers" is _real_ generic. you got any specific type of case you're looking for? interior layouts? etc etc

true, but you never know sometimes. I'm just looking for something general. Maybe I'll just take a few with my digi cam.. doesn't need to be very detailed or specific.

Look for the Computer of the Week Thread.

Airbozo's been posting pics of servers for a while now.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Look for the Computer of the Week Thread.

Airbozo's been posting pics of servers for a while now.

-Dave
    And once things calm down a bit I will post more. Working on the supercomputer pics...

Last 3 days I have assembled and tested 32 1u supermicro dual xeon 12gb memory system, 8 dell 690's (just loading windows server 2003 x64 on em since dell will not support it) and 8 Octane 2's (full system setup and install).

I have never seen that much memory in one place. 192 sticks of 2gb memeory, 64 xeon procs and 64 500gb sata drives. Whew!

sgtm: If you are looking for something in particular I can probably find it... Hell in our archive we have images of systems from 1975 all the way to the present (not sure if I have access anymore but not that hard to get).

eh, nothing in particular really, generic is fine with me, and definitely nothing that's branded. I also don't want to have to worry about getting in trouble if I use it for commercial purposes. I may just end up taking a few snapshots of some spare generic boxes I have laying around.

For those that don't know, the reason I want this is because I just started a web hosting company, www.mscomptech.com. I want to use the pictures in an advertisement I plan on placing.

You should easily be able to find some picks of 4u rackmount generic server boxes from IT wholesalers.
    Standalones might be harder.
    PC cases would be simple, it's called google.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post

I have never seen that much memory in one place. 192 sticks of 2gb memeory, 64 xeon procs and 64 500gb sata drives. Whew!

O... M... Gosh...

That is INSANE! Why would you need that? A company like newegg maybe? lol I really have no idea...

Just about how much would that cost do you think? lol

-SF
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFire View Post
    O... M... Gosh...

That is INSANE! Why would you need that? A company like newegg maybe? lol I really have no idea...

Just about how much would that cost do you think? lol

-SF
    Hehe tell me about it. My fingers hurt today from installing all that memory. I only have 5 systems left to finish today. The rest are either in my burn in station or in shipping waiting for the rest of the systems. Maybe i can snap a quick pic of my burn in area...

The servers are for this company: http://www.hwwilson.com/ In Crimsons neighborhood..

They do electronic publishing and search.

I think the systems are around $5k-$7k each... I try to keep out of the money end of things since my real skills are working with the hardware.

sgtm: take some snaps of your own server room, or ask the co-lo center if you can take some for promotional adverts. They usually will agree and you will be showing the servers your customers will use. On your web site if I could suggest, change the Extreme plus banner to read 10gb instead of 10000mb. might help with the format. Also are you haveing issues with cpanel? My provider uses that too but it is _dog slow_! They have had to change a bunch of their configurations to accomodate the fact it is basically doing a dos on their internal storage arrays...