Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Console Controllers

Default Console Controllers

Basically pick one and why-
    Xbox Style
    Playstation Style
    Gamecube Style
    Wii Style (w/ nunchuck)

Here is what i think-. xbox is too big and why is the d-pad next to the analog?
    playstation i can fit my hans around perfectly and the layout is nice
    gamecube, the action buttons on the right are a wierd setup. two triggers and one click (z) up there is stupid.
    i haven't tryed the Wii yet (unfortunately) so i will not say anything.

p.s. if anyone wants a super rugged controller, get the NERF wireless one. is totally foam padded and covered in NERF material. you can throw it or catch it during gameplay. also, my bro had it downstairs and the ps2 was running on the second story and he could control it. useless but fun.
    Im Back Baby!
    Yeah, I just quoted Bender Bending Rodriguez, got a problem?

Default Re: Console Controllers

the xbox controllers are perfect for FPS games
    the PS2 controller is great for RPGs
    the gamecube controller could have been a lot better
    the wii style of gameplay is a great idea and with a little work and polish could become a great additon to gaming history

and the nerf controller is perfect for those games that get you soo pissed off that you find yourself throwing the controller at the TV

Austral Alien

I like the PS2 controller myself. Never liked the xBox controller.
    Hence why I bought a Logitech Dual Action controller, it's basically a PS2 controller for the PC with a better feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

The ergonomics of the gamecube controller are perfect in my opinion. The PS2 is a little square, but has the dual analog that the cube doesn't. Xbox is too big and I've never held one that I like. The Wii is perfect for being lazy. One arm can rest above my head and the other can rest in my lap while playing zelda since the two halves of the controller are connected by a long cord.

Def. The Xbox One. I Just Love The Way It Feels. Never Liked The Gamecube One. And Just Not A Big Sony Fan So Thats Outta My Vote lol. The Wii Is Cool Controller But Still Have To Say Xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by SSGM4DCOW View Post
    the xbox controllers are perfect for FPS games
    Agreed.. but it's the the analog triggers that do it for me. The control in racing games is terriffic, and very comfortable.

Playstations dual shoulder buttons take a bit of getting used to, but the controllers work nicely for fighting games I think.

Never played a gamecube (seriously), but I think the controllers look ridiculous.. Nintendo was close with the N64, but the SNES controller was groundbreaking.

And now the Wii is doing it again... if anyone here hasnt played that Rayman game for Wii yet.. you are really missing out. It's hilarious, and the action is great.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

the 64 controller looked a little goofy with those 3 sticks pocking out of it it had a great idea but it made the controller to confusing to figure out how to hold.

The ergonomics of the gamecube controller are perfect in my opinion.
    I agree. The Wii controller is great, but i wouldn't play certain games on it, for example racing games or first person shooters. Zelda was great, and RPG's etc. could really use the Wii's controller to a great advantage. I think the Wii will become a playground for developing ideas, and most of the current genres will not find the Wii a happy home. I think the current console war is now between Microsoft and Sony-the Wii doesn't really compare anymore, in the same way you can't really compare the the PC with consoles.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

I Like the 360 controllers fits your hands well.

Quote Originally Posted by Durrthock View Post
    I Like the 360 controllers fits your hands well.
    i agree with that the 360 controller is my favorite so far of any controller
    i do think that the wii controllers have great potential..... graphics turned away a lot of ppl from it but with the playability of some of the games(wii sports) it will be great to see how it will progress in the future.....