Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast

Thread: Evolutionary

Default Re: Evolutionary

I think he just got home from vacation.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Yep back home again. Australia and New Zealand are so beautiful. Seen so many places and have done so many things I wanted to do

I've done a lot of things since I'm back from my vacation, but the thing is it just was not interesting for an update. Just because I had to make three or for of the same parts, parts that I already showed in previous posts.

But now I can show some new stuff, not much, but it is something new. First of all I almost finished two dustfilters, only need to clean, sand and polish them.
    Drilled two holes in the acrylic and tapped the hole. Cut of the heads of some bolts and placed those in the holes. These metal pins that stick out need to keep the acrylic piece, that comes on top, in place.

The top, filter material and bottom.

And this is where the filters will be placed, I can slide them in there. This is the bottom of the case, underneath.

From these intakes the air will be guided through airducts. On the left you can see the holes without the airduct and on the right you can see the airduct in place.

This is how I mounted the airduct, just tighten the bolts and the aluminium profile pulls the airduct onto the rubber seal.

Also did some detailwork. Something that will be mounted on the backside of the case.

This will be the airoutlet on the back of the case. The frosted acrylic will give a pretty cool effect when the light from the orange fan is on. Used I torch to give you a bit of an impression.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Yay an update. Glad to hear you had fun in our country lol. That outlet looks amazing.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

I just love Australia, if I could find a job over there I would book a flight for tomorrow.

A very small update today. I had to mount the fanhousings and didn't want the bolts to be visible. This is what I came up with. I glued two pieces of acrylic (5mm.) together and cut a triangle from this piece. To make it fit I rounded one corner, so I could glue it in the corner, on the inside, of the fanhousing.

After this I drilled a hole in these pieces of acrylic and tapped it. Attached it with two bolts to the aluminium panel. You can see the two bolts above the airducts.

A view from the side.

and from another angle. The compartment with the airduct will not be visible when this case is finished, only the side with the fanhousing will.

I'm glad you are back on work at this wonderful case. Hope to see more of your high quality updates the next days.

Mod on,
    Squelsh
    My CaseCons:

-=| The Orb |=- - - -=| CUBE 2 |=- - - -=| Reactor |=-

Glad to see you back, i was wondering what happened to this case. Can't wait to see more!

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Those ducts look awesome.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

love the ducts
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

Now those are ducts, great work - a really inspirational mod this one. Such great craftsmanship - Keep it coming!

My Worklogs: Reality Bytes / Flux