Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Stock Market collapse: Prepare For The Bear

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Re: Stock Market collapse: Prepare For The Bear

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    Gold rose $50...

The dollar is S**t

Thank you morons who voted Dem
    Well, we're in a hole no matter what and it's going to take some time to slow down enough to start climbing out of this pit. I think it doesn't matter who got in, it's not just the President that helped make this ****ing mess. lol

Just my steadily decreasing in value $.02. And not value word-wise or whatever.

Who got in is irrelevant. Bush and Greensppan laid this foundation, nothing the Democrats could have done would have solved it in the short term they have had.

Unfortunately Obama and Bernanke are following the same recipe that Bush used to make the mess to try and get out of it. That will not work. America will soon be looking at manifestations of inflation and a falling dollar whilst the economy collapses.

Probably be 10 years from now before American economic levels recover if the dollar falls completely.

EDIT: Thank you to whoever +repped me "For calling this whole debacle so far in advance!"

UPDATE: Don't be thinking this has nearly bottomed out. Very unlikely.

The fed have been aggressively intervening in currency, gold, bond and stock markets on a daily basis to manipulate prices (what happened to free markets ? ? ? ? ? ).

They sent Hillary to beg the Chinese to keep buying federal bonds - but the Chinese PM was the only PM other than Gordon Brown at the recent G20 finance ministers meeting and the only reason for his visit seems to have been to make a press conference warning America it's time is running out.

Add to that the likelihood that at some point this year a major oil producer starts selling their oil in Euro's and BANG - that's the catalyst for the cataclysm - if that happens and catches on the US$ is no longer the worlds reserve currency.

This is why the top bankers worldwide are desperately trying to cobble together some deal for more "global" rules and regulators - and maybe even a new global currency. America is insolvent, has spent it's borrowed money on consumer goods and pimping rides for the last ten years and has a seriously undermined manufacturing base. The house of cards is dangerously weak.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

I'm putting my money overseas
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Is awesome

WOULD it be possible to put all of my money (yes, all $575) into euros, and effectively play the stock market in them? I can see MASSIVE U.S. inflation after the MASSIVE amounts of "money" the fed has pushed into the system starts seeing daylight. And could I do it over the internet? And will it still be viable for my scottrade account... somehow?
    You love my sig.

What I don't get is why people are saying that deflation is a bad thing. I think it would be awesome if I could afford more crap with less money--as in, stuff I need, such as gas, books for school, art supplies, etc.

Ryoken you have hit the nail on the head.

Deflation was needed - this is the definition of an asset price bubble - overpriced assets which must fall in value. Houses were overvalued. Stocks overvalued. Falling prices is the solution. Government propping everything up will turn it into the greatest depression.

By pumping the cash they may be able to hold it together for a year but I doubt it.

The Chinese formerly announced yesterday "they are still going to buy US$ treasuries but are going to closely watch" US finances .......

The other side of that announcement is that they were VERY close to pulling from the market. What have they been offered as a bribe?

"No more noise about Tibet? - sure"

"Take Taiwan? - if you want it, sure"

Maybe ... but more likely they will still pull from buying US treasuries within 6 months from now, maybe a year at most, whatever the sweetener was. That is if the dollar does not start to implode beforehand.

Matthew

The way things have been going it makes me think that the Apocalypse/Armageddon starting in 2012 is likely. Either that or something else bad will happen...

Pardon my pessimism... things just seem bad from my perspective. Really bad...

apocalypse is ancient Greek it means literally "to remove the cover" or in the biblical sense "revelation of truth".

I think we are already in the apocalypse: we are seeing the transparency of the lies of government and business every day on the television: The truth is being revealed.

Yeah I keep forgetting the meaning of it. One might say that if we live our lives the right way we live an Apocalyptic life, lol.

Then again... isn't the "end of the world" always happening? If I remember correctly, I read somewhere that people have pretty much been saying the end of the world is nigh for a loooong time now lol.

To think, I didn't believe you when you first posted.

I'm curious CB-what's your diagnosis for the pound? Apparently Gordon Brown has plans for 'Collective Easing' which is government gobbledegook for printing money. I'm no accountant but even I can see the obvious dangers or such a manoeuvre.

Essentially, I own nothing. I have no assets, other than my new car, which I bought from someone who had just lost their job for an absurdly small amount. To my eyes, everything is suddenly cheaper; while banks are not giving loans and mortgages anymore, house prices are at an all-time low.

In addition, the computer industry has so far proved to be remarkably resilient in the face of this recession (or whatever buzzword they're using today). So my chances of finding employment when I graduate in June are only marginally lower than they were last year, when I had the option to graduate but stayed on for the MSci (making me more employable than this year's BSc grads).

Essentially, what's my situation? I'm considering looking for work overseas. I speak a little Russian and French, along with English, so there's a lot of places I could theoretically go if there were jobs.

What's the outlook for the British pound?

Thanks,

-Dave

PS: +Rep for this thread dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!