Thread: Little fun on the seas

Default Little fun on the seas

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=975_1283799588

Website may contain some NSFW ads

Im not gonna lie, but that looks pretty fun
    EVGA P55 LE :: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8 GHz w/ Zalman 9500 :: 2x 2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 :: ATI Radeon 5850 :: Micro Center G2 64GB SSD :: Samsung F3 1TB :: Western Digital 320GB :: X-Fi Xtreme Music :: Corsair TX-750w :: Windows 7 64-Bit :: Lian Li PC-9F

Default Re: Little fun on the seas

I dunno.. those tables and chairs pick up some speed!! I wouldn't like to be around them, in conditions like that! And hell the Fork Lift.. oh hell no!!!

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

I saw that earlier, on Gizmodo. ...it's weird, because the camera is mounted to the boat it looks like the boat is staying still and everything else is randomly flying all over the place. Looks crazy, I'm surprised only 42 people were injured.
    http://gizmodo.com/5632159/this-is-h...a-cruise-liner

There's another video in that article of another ship in a similar situation.. It's humbling, seeing these huge boats that dwarf so much of human construction tossed around like toys..and the water barely looks like it's moving. It really drives home how much power there is at play there and how little control we have over so much of the natural world.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Being ex-Navy, I find the video quite amusing. First thing you learn when you get on the ship is how to make sure _everything_ is secure.

The forklift being tossed around was humbling to say the least. I am actually shocked that no one was killed.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Holy crap, the outside footage really shows how bad it's being tossed around. I wonder if everyone got their money back because of that?
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

The outside footage is of a different ship. It looked like the one from the inside footage was rocking more evenly side-to-side but not as far to either side as the one in the outside video.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

I wonder why they sailed into a storm. Generally, those cruise liners will detour hundreds of miles around them to avoid exactly this. It's pretty crazy that none of the tables and heavy equipment were bolted down...granted that was probably the first storm that ship had ever seen.

And 25% off a future trip? I'm sure the passengers' lawyers could negotiate a better deal after a potentially deadly situation caused by navigational negligence.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Here's a more in-depth article about what happened. Apparently they were planning on going through the storm, but miscalculated the turn and ended up getting hit on the side instead of head-on.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...uise-ship.html
    --Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Apparently they were planning on going through the storm...
    I'll bet that captain is incognito to avoid both his boss and the passengers! You're not on a shrimpin' boat anymore, Elmer!
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

It looks like a scene from inception
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440