Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast

Thread: Project N0NAME

D'Oh

Default Re: Project N0NAME

people, i'm back and i'm gonna start thinking/working again..

i'm free now! i spent a week learning and taking exams.. interesting enough, i got 3 out of 4 and i got a perfect A at one it's funny, 'cause it makes me think how come i failed my exam the first time.. how can i put this.. i jumped from 40% (fail) to 100% (perfection) in 1 day and one night of doing weird maths

didn't have time for anything else... or did i? i have some new ideas and i bought some nice 120mm fans.. it has been a tradition for me to buy modding materials each time i failed an exam so i did it again i've found red sleeving.. didn't buy it cause it doesn't fit.. with this mod here that is .. some nice zalman and thermalright heatsinks (u may find it funny, but i'm happy to see quality products dripping slowly in this part of the world, as i always reccomend them and people find it weird that they can't find that stuff without a huge delay and an online order..) and some video boards.. also, i've studied some AC silencers and found a disturbing thing.. i can modd an Ati5 (or any other for that matter) sink to work on my board and maybe keep it cooler.. but it would need a voltmod too, soo... i'm lazy..
    well.. seeing as i'm back after a while without internet or pcs, i'm gonna browse to see what's new around
    cheers!

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

D'Oh

hello everybody.. here are some more nifty experiments..

take one mouse piece..

.. and some black leather..

..basic shape after cutting with very sharp scissors.. tried with one pair and failed.. the leather is 2+mm thick...

..glued with care.. still, not perfect.. !: when using leather and glue, be very careful not to stain it! chemicals can burn the leather.. i used this to my advantage, but it could ruin a nice thing..

..cut with scissors and exacto-knife..

mainly done..

..test fit

when working with leather.. a really messy work area resulted

..some flames "burnt" into the leather.. superglue has this bad effect.. but it can be usefull for adding texture and shapes to the plain black leather..

some holes for the fan to breathe out.. i think that these 3 holes are better than the previous ones..

..this weird texture reminds of the alien mouse mod.. this is a.. alien leather mouse? :p

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

D'Oh

in the end, i got this:

i just learned how to modd leather.. yey!

so i got some ideas...

i'm wondering.. do i really need a glossy paint job? wouldn't this be more.. unique of course, i would need lots of leather.. more expensive than paint cans.. but hey?! what do you people think?

I think that looks damn nice man! Good job!

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Water Cooled

Bah you beat me to it. I have a piece of leather with a gator hide pattern on it I was going to make it into a keyboard mod. but my shop is a mess.

Congratz on the mouse.

Leather is nice stuff to work with.
    Upholstry and garment type leather is usually chrome tanned so they have a great finishe but don't stretch/mold very far.
    If you want to have some real fun try wet molding vegetable tanned leather. you can carve, stamp and paint/stain it.

Super glue is hard to work with because it sets fast and its not flexable. You might want to try a contact type cement. You can get a little tube of barge cement for $3-4.

Man if you add some hair to the mouse.. it is a mouse! hahaha good job, love the leather mouse

D'Oh

10ks guys. i didn't have contact cement right now. just 3 small super glue tubes. i like super glue because it turns into a plsticly hard substance.. i can sand it and build upon it.. stil, i' keeping it in thin layers.. i used it becuae it's clear and i needed something to harden the edges of the leather.. i hardened them, sanded.. even filed with a nail file and repeated until i had rounded edges..
    the feel is great.. after one day of using the mouse.. it's like my tactile sensors never get bored! a leahter mouse is so much nicer than a plastic-with-leather-pattern one

LOL about the vegetable tanned leather.. i never heard of this before and the hairy mouse.. i'll remmeber this.. maybe a hairy monster pc with fluffy screen A hairy mod! =))

Fresh Paint

Hi dgrmkr , i have wrote you a private message about that things you posted on the page 12 . Please answer quickly . salut

D'Oh

Default more experiments

why don't we, in our great boredom, take somthing i can replace.. like my silencer..

and take it apart, just for fun?

hmm.. maybe study it?

this is what cools my gpu? well, i knew that.. but i'm gonna think on how to make this better.. if possible.. it's good that i kept the stock cooler.. but it sure is ten fold louder

loooong ago, this started to annoy me.. i lost this.. gonna replace it with something more.. different >: )

and this is the beast that moves air so silently.. i must respect the guys who made it! i salute you!

and on a different level.. a friend gave e a nice idea.. gonna destroy something and maybe use what i take out

can anybody say inkjet printer?

this works.. i tested it after taking everything apart.. goes both ways too i think this could work as a nice door motor? or something.. it needs some gears to reduce its speed, but i may use this for something

uuu... coils.. just what i need .. and lots of fun nice looking electronics that don't work together anymore..

..this has no use.. at least, can't think of any..that reminds me: my mom got a nice idea after she saw the empty.. printer.. shell. she asked if a pc could be put in there nice idea not for me.. but maybe one day... i'll make something of it..

this is my favourite! a 30VDC power suply.. it can pump out 15W with a nice voltage divider.. i could get this puppy to run..oooh... 2x~12V + 1x~6V.. and use a few fans in the process.. maybe i can adapt this to my wind-tunnels and cool the cpu 24/7 without drawing power from the psu.. sure, a relay or some transistors would be useful to turn it off..

but that's still far first, i need to find some steel and make a sturdy clip for the sonic tower...

D'Oh

hello everybody,
    i'm back for a few minutes.. using a friends pc.. i bought a PSU today, in line with my no-name project.. i used to wish for an antec smartpower, but that's gonna go in another project.. for now, i've financially settled for a 33$ PSU, made by a weird chinese manufacturer ho doesn't seem to reply to mails.. the PSU is rated at...uuu... 600W.. of course, i don't believe that.. no1: it says 450W on the box it came in, it says 600W on the sticker and if i calculate the voltages x amps i get 620+... and after further browsing, i got numbers like 520W or even 350W.. anyways, i will not tell you more now, as i'm gonna test it in this PC i'm typing on see u after the edit