This will be my first real themed mod and I am basing it around Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. The case that will be modded is the Thermaltake Armor+ and will get a custom airbrushed digital camo paint job. I have several companies sponsoring this build which are listed below. This mod would not be possible with out their support.
I would like to take a moment and list the items provided by my sponsors.
Thermaltake has sponsored me with a full compliment of water cooling parts from their Watercooling upgrade line. This will include 2 reservoirs, a pump, CPU water block, Chipset waterblock, 2 HDD waterblocks, 3/8 tubing with quick connects, 1000ml of green UV reactive coolant, a flow meter with digital temperature screen, a dual 120mm radiator, 2 120mm silent fans, 3 120mm Green LED fans, cable sleeving kit, Armor+ case and a few more goodies.
NZXT has sponsored me with an Avatar Gaming mouse and a Sentry 2 touch screen fan controller.
Ultra Products has sponsored me with an 850w X4 PSU
Plextor has sponsored me with a PX-b320sa Blu-ray super multi writer and a PX880SA DVD combo drive.
Ok now on to the plans.
Things the case will have.
- Sentry 2 Touch Screen Fan Controller donated by NZXT
- 5" LCD in front of case
- Water Cooling using Thermaltake donated parts
- RGB LEDs with Arduino controll
- Airbrushed Digital Camo paint Job
- Airbrushed Digital Camo Avatar Gaming Mouse Donated by NZXT
- Airbrushed Digital Camo X4 850w PSU Ultra Products
- Airbrushed Digital Camo Gaming keyboard
Things I am working on incorporating in the build.
- Laser Etched COD MW2 logo in plexi Side lit with green LEDs
- Custom 20mm Dummy round handles
- Digital Camo Xbox 360 controller
- Custom Radiator Shroud made from .308 or 30-06 inert ammo
- Removing the 5.25" drive bays and replacing them with a converted .50cal Ammo Can to hold the drives with 1.5-2 feet of .50bmg linked ammo entering from the side.
- Sponsors logos etched on Acrylic somewhere in the case
The case has changed to a Thermaltake Armor+ that was generously donated by Thermaltake USA. I made the decision to switch to this case purely for its size.
Pics of the case. (Flickr set here)