Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FINALLY! A New Xbox360

Default FINALLY! A New Xbox360

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/14/s...y-looks-angul/

Here it is, slim and angular, it's a mean looking S.O.B.

Leaked accidentally in Italy last night, this is an official announcement, and the real deal.

Let's hope they fixed the RRoD problem.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Default Re: FINALLY! A New Xbox360

still no web browser?
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Let's hope they fixed the RRoD problem.
    Well of course. You wouldn't expect them to release a product that would create horrible RRODs again, would you? Obviously they've now replaced the error lights with blue LEDs.

Seriously though, anyone more familiar with 360 sizing, does it look like this one is actually any smaller? Or did they just add 802.11n, make up a different proprietary HDD interface, put in a quieter fan, slap it in a shiny new case, and jack the price up?

EDIT:
    On another note, I love the new name for Natal..."Kinect". Just the right blend of movement and misspelling to drive the 'edgy young crowd' wild.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

I think it would have been way sexier in the flat black with chrome. I despise piano black on that case and if I ever end up buying one (probably wont since I already have a wireless N adapter, 120gig hdd and a silent fan upgrade) it will definitely have to be changed.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

I don't like it. Its lazy. All they did was make the original case without any rounded corners and then they angled it inwards a bit on each side, made it glossy and gave it some faux-chrome. It just looks toy-ish and lazy. Even the venting system is lazily done. I think I'd dislike it even more on it's side, too, which is how I'd have it.

It's just too glossy and plastic-y looking. I mean, it's REALLY plastic-y looking. Make it flat black (you know, like how stealth designs are supposed to be?) and I'd say get rid of that cheap vent system, but then again, they have such a massive problem with RRoD's that I'd say they're kind of forced to keep it. It just looks so cheap that way. Every cheap device has those giant grills directly over the source of heat, because they're cheap and designing a complex and efficient venting system isn't cheap. It makes the design look so much less solid, too, imo.

Talk about a surprise though. Has everyone known that there was a new one coming out? I didn't even know! I must be pretty far out of the loop. lol

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    EDIT:
    On another note, I love the new name for Natal..."Kinect". Just the right blend of movement and misspelling to drive the 'edgy young crowd' wild.
    Kinect = Connect. I'm almost positive that they did this for the same reason why I don't like Natal. There's no controllers. It's all hand and body gestures. Talk about a DISconnect from the game? Most people need something in their hands to make them feel more apart of the game. That's what I think anyways, what about you guys?

Edit: I just thought of a GREAT name though! The Xbox 360-S. The "S" stands for "Stealth". So you could call it either, actually.
    Last edited by Zephik; 06-14-2010 at 05:53 PM. Reason: .
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephik View Post
    Kinect = Connect. I'm almost positive that they did this for the same reason why I don't like Natal. There's no controllers. It's all hand and body gestures. Talk about a DISconnect from the game? Most people need something in their hands to make them feel more apart of the game. That's what I think anyways, what about you guys?
    I also think that branding Natal as Kinect has something to do with their moving towards a more connected brand, since the new phone technology is called "Kin".
    http://www.engadget.com/product/microsoft-kin

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

I stumbled across another article that shows the two side-by-side..tbh I'm not really impressed with the new smaller size.
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2...ipping-now.ars

Quote Originally Posted by Zephik View Post
    Kinect = Connect.
    Exactly the misspelling I was referencing. And come to think of it, you have a point...it has nothing at all to do with what the product actually does. The only thing I can think is what Luke pointed out; that maybe they're referencing the Kin project.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

I don't like it - I imagine it'll be even harder to get into than the original :p

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

The new console is cool. I might get one, and start carving my current 360.

Honestly, I'm mainly worried about games that are coming out.

Dead Space 2
    FEAR 3
    RAGE
    Doom 4 (Whenever it comes out)
    Metal Gear Solid: Rising
    Test Drive Unlimited 2
    Pokemon Black/White (Went the other way there...)

Slave- You mean take the console apart? The 360 is easy to take apart. Lol, I've taken them apart two at a time. Never bothered with those odd ball tools either to make it "easier."
    Current Projects
    -1979 Jeep DJ5 "Mail Jeep"
    -1981 Chevrolet K10

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    I stumbled across another article that shows the two side-by-side..tbh I'm not really impressed with the new smaller size.
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2...ipping-now.ars
    I'm impartial to it. It doesn't look too big or too small or anything. It just looks like it simply is. I can't see any negatives with the size, anyways.

But it is making me feel more attached to it's bigger and more adult feeling brother, the original 360. If I had to buy one... I'm not sure which I'd choose. I like the insides of the new one, but I like the look and feel of the older one. The older one just seems like a much more professional device. The new one looks like a toy.

They should have made it flat black, with no giant grill, much more angular to go with the stealth theme, and make it not look like the older one as much as it does now. It really just kind of looks like it's broken or something. Like someone dented it.

Why does it even need to be smaller anyways? I really don't think that it does and the bigger version could be upgraded quite a bit with all that extra room. Maybe they should do that and call it "Xbox 360 Professional". lol that seems like a Microsoft thing to do. Maybe they'll call the small one the "Home Edition"? Oooh, then they can add blu-ray and call it "Media Center Edition"! XD
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.