Page 33 of 82 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast

Thread: Official TBCS Folding Team

Default Re: Official TBCS Folding Team

lol... smart money is on me or x88x
    Not dead yet

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Heheh, probably. Which one probably depends on how long it takes your MBB to get to you. According to my calculations, at my current rate, I should hit 1,000,000 around May 1st. Oh, and I'm only 510pts behind you now. Looks like I'll catch you afterall.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

for a little while... i guess if noone is gonna buy my loop i'll have to hook it back up on tuesday

ur on top btw... i shouldnt have gamed last night
    Not dead yet

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

I just realised my system hasn't been folding for the last day or two lol - strike 20k points heh - back up now.

As for you two with your competition - if Trace gets back into it, it might not be the two horse race to 1m you think it'll be

Don't get too confident heh

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diluzio91 View Post
    ur on top btw... i shouldnt have gamed last night
    Heheh, I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by slaveofconvention View Post
    I just realised my system hasn't been folding for the last day or two lol - strike 20k points heh - back up now.
    Hmm, is that why our numbers dropped ~30k points since the peak on Monday? Well, that and diluzio's i7.

For Trace, do you know if he would have anything folding besides the system in his profile (980X, dual 9800GTX+'s)? Unless he's upgraded his GPUs (I'm guessing likely, but I don't remember hearing about it), I think with my secondary folding system I'm comfortably ahead of what that rig can put out.

BTW, I switched the SMP client in my main system to only use 5 cores, and it looks like it may have picked up another ~1,000 ppd average.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Idn what he was running but I heard (can't remember where) that it was getting 48k ppd so pretty sure it's a lot more than the system in his sig.

The points drop isn't all on my toes though - my system only puts out about 12k ppd so it'd take more than my PC to lose us 30k ppd

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

I was having some system stability issues so my system has been down for a few days while I tried to fix things. It folds about 50% of the day and generates 15-16k so that might help explain a portion of the decrease.
    TheMainMan

i also lost my i7, so add 15k for me, and i was gaming for a long time so maybe another 5k there... Sorry guys
    Not dead yet

Ah stuff happens lol - we're still climbing fast and there's still no-one catching us so we're still doing really well - there was no practical way we could maintain the rate of growth we had going - was cool while it lasted - now to maintain our level of production and grow it where we can with new peons (opps - did I say that out loud?)

So it appears as if you guys need some help! I'll be adding my render farm sometime this week, we will see how it does.
    It's like JFK announcing the moon mission. He had no expertise in space travel, and no way of knowing if it would work. He just announced "we're going to the moon" and then they made it happen because everyone was on the same page and working towards the same goal. If he had said "well, let's get some people in space, and we'll see how far out we can get, and if I find someone to make a rocket strong enough, we could possibly approach the moon's orbit and maybe land" it wouldn't have happened.