Thread: Need a little help with Nlite

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

Default Need a little help with Nlite

Hello guys the reason i have been looking for a IDE Hard drive is my mother-in-laws newer pc had vista nobody made the cds so no more vista lol.

Well i was going to just put a ide hard drive and put her xp on it .

Well there arent any ide hookups at all its all sata .

I have tried to make a Nlite xp with the sata driver no luck .

It is a Aspire x1200 if you have any ideas im listening im not gonna give up.
    Till i fix it one way or another .

Default Re: Need a little help with Nlite

If you have a floppy drive, just use that to load the drivers.

WinXP sp2 should have the necessary drivers built in anyway. (I think it was sp2 but may be sp3)
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

If you want to stick with Vista, there's a license key on the computer (if it was done legally) that you can use with any Vista disc.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

yeah I have the vista legit code but no disk .

Thanks air but i dont think it has a hook up for floppy its Win Xp Pro 64 bit i can try slip streaming Service pack 2 in it and see i dont think it has a pack 3 .
    i got a disk to work installed the drivers i downloaded for win xp pro 64 bit during install say there wrong ones but is progress lol .
    Thanks again guys . Well get something going

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

I'd definitely be looking at putting vista back on the machine. Even if the SATA drivers aren't included on the disk (my shuttle, for example, needs drivers to install any OS - even 7 doesn't have the drivers integrated) you can, with Vista and 7, provide the required drivers on a USB key (I think it's safe to assume the PC has USB ports lol)

I'm sure there's someone who can loan you an install disk for Vista - it doesn't really matter which version of Vista it is either - the key you type in tells the install if it should install Basic, Premium, Ultimate, Business etc - altho you WILL need it to be an OEM disk (I think) and those only have EITHER 32 bit or 64 bit software.

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

I don't think Vista required different disks for OEM/retail/etc, but yeah, 32 and 64-bit are separate discs. Liquid, I can get you an ISO for the disc if you want.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

I seem to remember somewhere that the OEM disks are 32 or 64 bit while the retail ones actually have both. Having said that, it might just be a case of the retail package coming with both disks in the box. I have never paid for a retail copy of windows (not a pirate, an OEM and now Technet guy) so I can't say for sure.

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey