Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first mod!

Default first mod!

Well i was inspired when i came to your site, and was hoping to mod my pc. I have allready started, below is my main design (sorry i know its terrible(paint))

i have also done some alterations to the front of the case and the side, When i got the case, it had been battered around a bit, (its an ibm netvista case) it had chips in the paintwork down the side and scratches on the front, so i have resprayed the side (picture\/\/) and have taped off and painted a strip (picture\/\/) i hope to spray another stripe underneath the line i have allready painted.

the side looks better in real life its not really blotchy like that its the way the light has cought it
    as you can see in my paint picture the biohazard picture i wanted at the top of the side, this is more the type of picture i want, but cant think of how to print it onto the side, (any ideas?)

LASTLY here are my cathodes and fan im very proud of myself installing lol:p

Default Re: first mod!

well i guess noone cares about my first mod then lol

..replies take time..

Dont worry about it..

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Yeah. A lot of people aren't the quickest at responding, and it's nothing against you.

Of all the mods I've seen, I've not seen/seen very few mods with Biohazard symbols. This should be interesting.

Some tips:
    Get larger base images. Those 100*100 things or whatever they are won't cut it for good, quality templates.

I love the front of that case. I've been making some stuff with an art style the looks a lot like that case, so maybe I'm a bit partial to it, but it looks cool.

When you cut the case (if you cut the case), plan your cut, and use a jigsaw or something. I failed to do both of those and ended up with a slightly awkward window position and spending hours cutting it with a Dremel (and I also went through just a few cutting wheels).

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Seems like a good plan. I like that case.

I see you got your cathodes working good.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

how can 1 cathode be 2 colours???
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
    A very easy and effective way is buying a white cathode, and going to a music store or theater store and buying light filters. Or colored saran wrap (or however the hell you spell it). Then, you put it around the white cathode, and you're done. You can put on as many colors as you have filters.
    RIP Bucko

Or you can go to ebuyer and buy them for about a pound lol

They look really nice tho ha thanks chaksq for the help with them

It is a really nice case and (hopefully) is going to look good lol i have an updated picture. Ive done another white stripe (as seen in pic) which was quite hard and ive ballsed up but my mum is going to help me try and fix it lol

Im also having a problem with the cddrive the bottom one you can see in my first post was supposed to be a cd-rw but i cant read and ordered a cddrive instead so i have two cd drives now lol but ive put in the cd-rw drive and someone was telling me on another post about cddrive stealthing, but i dont have the original plates that came with the case a mate is looking through his room for his two he doesnt need so if he finds them good stuff but is there any alternatives for stealthing them? My dad bought me some acrylic for the window (quite a large sheet lol) and theres alot left and i was thinking if i cut two peices of acrylic the right size and painted them would they work in the same concept? they are quite thick about half a centimetre.

Thanks for your views :p theyre highly apreciated lol

ohh yer and heres the pic

Acrylic would be ideal for a drive stealthing project! Your case looks flat on the front so no need to worry about shaping it (typically with rounded cases you need to heat the acrylic with a heat gun to soften and let it form to the shape of your case). Do some searches for drive stealth tutorials to get some background knowledge of how it works, I recall someone posted some examples on the other thread. Good luck!
    Jon
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

cooler than the other side of the pillow dfigravity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
    Ta daa!

http://www.directron.com/cldcathd.htmlhttp://www.directron.com/cldcathd.html
    There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.