Thread: Project: X-LU

Fresh Paint

Default Project: X-LU

This is my very first case project ever done. well, ive been working on making a gaming pc console type to compete against my friends Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.lol. But i want the case to have the looking of a game console. I couldnt find a console looking case on my local pc store or online, so i said i should make my own case from scratch, so i started skeching my ideas in 2004 and never brought it up until today. Some will say it looks like a PS3, but i came up with this design long before ps3 came out, im surprise ps3 looks similar to this design. Finally! this case will come to life after 3 years being in sketch. The case will be constructed
    of brush aluminum. This sytem will be a dedicated gaming only installed with GAMEEX from Atari to N64 loaded with a total of 15,000 roms, and 55 pc games from 2005 to 2007 with no-cd patches. Windows will not boot directly into desktop, instead will boot directly into Gameex by doing a registry tweak, so no windows desktop will be behind it. Will be connected to a 45'' HDTV display, some games will be playing at 1280 x 720 and 1900x1080 at max settings, and using xbox 360 wireless controllers, and 5.1 surround sound. My goal is to keep system uder $600 dollars.

MSI K9N4 Ultra-F (new - $59.54)
    1GB PC2-6400 DDR2 DIMM Memory Kit (new - $61.89)
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Dual Core Processor (used - $58.00)
    Fortron Source AX450-PNnb (new- $49.99)
    eVGA GeForce 8800 320 mb GTS Video Card (used - $240.65)
    Hitachi Deskstar T7K250 250GB Hard Drive (new - $53.00)
    Total $523.08 w/tax and shipping

thank to ebay (new and used hardware)

Default Re: Project: X-LU

Nice design, I'd say you've captured the console look very well. Looking forward to seeing build it!
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

I like the general look of the case. This should be a very nice project when complete. Can't wait to see the build. I like the fact that you have an affordable buget behind this as well. I also like booting without the windows shell. All very nice. Just keep in mind that the case itself might cost a bit.

Good Luck and Good Mod.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

Quote Originally Posted by rickpcnerd View Post
    thank to ebay (new and used hardware)
    I would recommend against buying anything used off Ebay.
    That Looks like an Awesome project. Love the Design.

I second the buying-used-electronics-off-of-ebay advice. The router that I purchased not only looks nothing like the box but cant give a strong Wifi signal beyond 3 feet, and is non-existent after 10.

-Cool-
    Project Pioneer : AMD AthlonXP 3000+ : 1GB DDR RAM : Windows XP MCE
    ATI Radeon X1650 256MB : 520-Watt Corsair PSU : 20x DVD-RAM DL + LightScribe
    1.0TB Seagate SATA II : 400GB Seagate SATA II : 400GB Samsung SATA II
    250GB Seagate SATA I : 80GB Western Digital PATA/IDE