Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 !!!UPDATE!!! 26 April 2010

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Re: Project: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Did someone say pics?

This is the first batch of sponsored gear. The NZXT stuff came in yesterday morning.

This is the damage done to the Thermaltake Armor+ box. You can see a crease running lengthwise near the top. This tells me that something heavy was set on top of it or it was dropped at some point. Incidentally the corner with the most damage is also the side that the broken door mount is on. UPS really dropped the ball this time.

A big thanks to my sponsors Thermaltake, NZXT, and Plextor!!!!

So as of this posting I have in the following items:

1. Thermaltake
      • Armor+ super tower case Black
      • Coolant 1000 1000ml coolent kit
      • TMG2 Dual 120mm radiator with fans
      • Water level indicator rez kit
      • WB200 North Bridge Water block
      • Flow TX Plus
    2. NZXT
      • Sentry 2 touch screen fan controller
      • 4 120mm fans. (2 solid black, 1 black with white blades, 1 clear with blue LED
    3. Plextor
      • PX-880SA DVD/CD Super Multi Writer
      • PX-B320SA Blu-Ray reader / DVD and CD Super Multi Writer

Nice score Oneslow! Looks like christmas came late this year.

We used to use those cases for a customer workstation (not the + version). One in five showed up damaged. It was almost always one of the doors.

Has Intel contacted you yet? I may need to make another call...
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

I have not heard anything from intel yet. I just figured they had their hands full with CES this week.

I will contact TT about the damage after CES is over. (My contact is actually running the booth this week)

Fresh Paint

i really cant wait to see this finished...

just about every case ive ordered has come in the first time like that all droped and broke. i try to buy my cases from somewhere i can go and pick it up at now.

Well out of all the cases we have reviewed in the last year this is the first to come in damaged. I am sure this instance is not Thermaltake's fault as the drop or whatever it was was enough force to break the very thick corner of the styrofoam into several pieces. My bet was it was dropped from the loading ramp of a plane or crushed by something very heavy being sat on top of it.

I would have denied shipment of the case due to damage but UPS did their classic "set it on the porch, tap very lightly 2 times on the door and then run to the truck as fast as you can" trick. I heard the taps and the truck but by the time I could make it from my living room to my front door (about 50 feet) the truck was already pulling out of my driveway.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneslowz28 View Post
    Well out of all the cases we have reviewed in the last year this is the first to come in damaged. I am sure this instance is not Thermaltake's fault as the drop or whatever it was was enough force to break the very thick corner of the styrofoam into several pieces. My bet was it was dropped from the loading ramp of a plane or crushed by something very heavy being sat on top of it.

I would have denied shipment of the case due to damage but UPS did their classic "set it on the porch, tap very lightly 2 times on the door and then run to the truck as fast as you can" trick. I heard the taps and the truck but by the time I could make it from my living room to my front door (about 50 feet) the truck was already pulling out of my driveway.
    Haha.. sneaky bastards. You should have called them up and asked when they were going to deliver the case... "It never made it to me!"

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

This is why whenever possible I ask for signature confirmation. That way a) they can't leave it on my doorstep for hours to be taken by anyone walking by, and b) they can't run away and pretend that any damages happened after they dropped it off.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

I spent some time last night tearing down the LCD screen I will be using on the front of the case. I would like to thank Drum Thumper for providing me with this screen via the TBCS TGIMBOEJ. The screen was intended to be attached to a PS2 making the gaming console portable. I apologize for the fuzzy pics. The module I use to handle images on my website is resizing my photos and the end result is a little fuzzy. I am working on fixing this problem.

The PS2 Screen

Tearing down the screen was quite simple. There were 6 screws I had to remove and then the back cover lifted off reveling the guts. Seen in this photo is the actual LCD module, sound controller board, two speakers, and another controller board that I am assuming was used to further process the sound output from the PSU.

Everything removed. I will only be using the LCD module. The rest will go in my electronics junk box for future hacking.

The actual screen measures 4 5/8" wide. With the metal case it measures very close to 5 1/2"

Diagonally the screen measures close to 5 3/4"

The back of the LCD screen module is where the connector is located. Drum Thumper provided me with the pin out schematic and I spent the night confirming that it works. It is easily interfaced with a D-Sub connection and a 12v supply from a 4pin molex. More on this later and I will post a schematic for all to see and reference. The screen is a Sharp LM6Q401 and the dimensions on it can be found here.

Finally I would like to show you some of the damage done to the Thermaltake Armor+ case during shipping. Thermaltake is sending me a replacement plastic piece.

Default Re: Project: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 !!!UPDATE!!! 12 Jan 2010

The Ultra X4 850W PSU came in this afternoon. Big thanks to Drum Thumper for shipping it to me after the mixup. Love the box of peanuts man.

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Default Re: Project: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 !!!UPDATE!!! 12 Jan 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Oneslowz28 View Post
    The Ultra X4 850W PSU came in this afternoon. Big thanks to Drum Thumper for shipping it to me after the mixup. Love the box of peanuts man.
    Curtis told me you got the box and wondered why it cost $21 to ship it. I spent a year in e-commerce and I know first hand how stchuff gets (mis)handled in that environment. So I made it a point to get it to you in one piece. FWIW, it came to me in a similar sized box and had two crumpled up sheets of brown paper for padding.

I also love the fact that this worklog has gone ~10 pages or so and all you have managed to do is tear a LCD screen apart lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream