Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any upcoming mmorpg's..

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Default Any upcoming mmorpg's..

...that you're excited about? I haven't caught any wind of anything coming out in 2010.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Default Re: Any upcoming mmorpg's..

If you're into World of Warcraft, the expansion for that is coming out in November.

Mostly excited to see what FFXIV is going to be like.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Apparently LOTRO changed to a tiered-pay system recently where you can play a lot of it for free. It looks like the biggest difference between the the different levels pay levels is number of character slots per server (free is 2), inventory limit (3 bags instead of 5), and a currency limit (2 gold for free accounts...but that's a crapton of money..I played pretty regularly for ~3 months back when it first came out, and I only had maybe 10-20 silver (1 gold == 1,000 silver == 1,000,000 copper), lower priority when logging into the servers, and no official support.

In all, it sounds like they're done a pretty good job of making the free play fun but still provide incentive to pay if you get really into it (rundown of differences here...I'm not sure how you become a 'Premium' player except by being a former paying player). Now that I won't feel obligated to play it a lot (because I won't be paying a monthly fee), I might actually pick it up again. It's a fun game. Think WoW with Tolkien mythology/world/races/etc and better graphics.

EDIT:
    Watch out when downloading the client...iirc it was around 4.5GB for the high-graphics version at launch...I wouldn't be surprised if it's pushing 5GB by now.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

firefall looks pretti cool, but its a mmofps.

http://www.firefallthegame.com/

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Firefall looks pretty addicting. I doubt it will be out any time soon though.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Watch out when downloading the client...iirc it was around 4.5GB for the high-graphics version at launch...I wouldn't be surprised if it's pushing 5GB by now.
    I just downloaded this to play around with the fiance on. The high texture download was 10.2GB.

SW:The Old Republic should turn out pretty sweet from the looks of it. Haven't gotten a chance to check out much about FFXIV. Haven't had the urge to play an MMO in years, but coop games are lacking lately, so we started LOTRO to see if we enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Apparently LOTRO changed to a tiered-pay system recently where you can play a lot of it for free. It looks like the biggest difference between the the different levels pay levels is number of character slots per server (free is 2), inventory limit (3 bags instead of 5), and a currency limit (2 gold for free accounts...but that's a crapton of money..I played pretty regularly for ~3 months back when it first came out, and I only had maybe 10-20 silver (1 gold == 1,000 silver == 1,000,000 copper), lower priority when logging into the servers, and no official support.

In all, it sounds like they're done a pretty good job of making the free play fun but still provide incentive to pay if you get really into it (rundown of differences here...I'm not sure how you become a 'Premium' player except by being a former paying player). Now that I won't feel obligated to play it a lot (because I won't be paying a monthly fee), I might actually pick it up again. It's a fun game. Think WoW with Tolkien mythology/world/races/etc and better graphics.

EDIT:

i just downloaded it. it is a pain in the ass to get the free version to work. then i finally got it to work and i kept getting patch errors. butall in all its pretty decent. the high end graphics version is 10 something gigs. while the standard version is 7 something.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

If it was yesterday that you were trying, I was having the same issue, as well as a bunch of people on lotro forums, paid or f2p. Tried again today and everything seemed fine. Who knows.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightrainSrt4 View Post
    If it was yesterday that you were trying, I was having the same issue, as well as a bunch of people on lotro forums, paid or f2p. Tried again today and everything seemed fine. Who knows.
    I would bet that the free-to-play news hit digg or something and they have a massive wave of people trying to download it.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

LOTRO went F2P? The Goat of Rohan rides again!
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08