Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple iPad!!!!!

Default Apple iPad!!!!!

OMFG.. 10" tablet, $499.

I'm pretty excited about this. There's been thousands of "leaks" about this over the last year or so, but they finally confirmed this morning that Apple is releasing a tablet! I just finished with the live coverage over on Engadget, and I'm sold.

16gb storage, 9.7" multitouch LCD, 802.11n wifi, bluetooth, 1ghz processor (Apple's own), and $499 price.
    32gb or 64gb models available for 599 or 699, and a 3g option for each of them for an additional $130.

Pretty amazing!

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

woy...collokweee...weeble weeble blaaaat artoodeeto's Avatar

Default Re: Apple iPad!!!!!

so is the iPad like a coaster on which to put your iCoffee? j/k.... sounds awesome. I'm astounded at the price too!
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevateThis View Post
    I'd mod my dog if i could.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    (Steam me.... that sounds bad >_<)

i watched as well and i dont know as far as apple products go i think they may have dropped the ball a little here.. it is however unlocked and accepts sims on the gsm version... so unlocked and accepts sims usually only means one thing, kind of like a drunk girl on prom night.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Yay! No we have an even bigger iPod Touch that STILL doesn't multitask well with no integrated camera! Hooray fanboys!

Jk, I'll check it out and see if its worth it. If anything it'll give Kindle a run for its money.
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

I worry about my iTouch getting a broken screen if I lay it on a table too hard. I can only imagine the price of a new screen on one of these.

Either way it will be huge for their app store and will let devs work on bigger things.

For $499, it's all that I wanted for a price I'm shocked at. Hell, they could have said $899 and up, and I still would have thought "wow, that's cool!"

The portable media, browsing, and ebook reader functionality sold me, but the gaming really suprised me. Will I buy one? Not likely.. at least not until I just happen to have that kind of money to spend, and the 2nd generation model comes out.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus Technochicken's Avatar

The lack of multitasking, a real OS, and USB kind of killed it for me. I must say though, it is one good looking piece of hardware.

I like it from a hardware standpoint. However Apples software is still Apple software and it really doesn't cut it. Sure it makes things easy, but when you want to do something Steve Jobs didn't think of or thinks you are too stupid to do, it messes up.

I did notice on the Apple website that they a USB adaptor that plugs into the dock. It's advertised as being for connecting cameras for uploading pictures, I'm curious if other functionality can be applied to this.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

I'm looking at this device as a peripheral.. a method of surfing/watching/reading when I'm travelling, or laying in bed. If this was to be my only "PC", then yes, it would be lacking. For what I would use it for, I think it's awesome.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

How is this thing any better than other portable computing devices out there? Why would I buy this over, say, a netbook?

I can see these things in a business atmosphere, like maybe for a secretary or personal assistant or what-not, but I don't really get why an average consumer would pick one of these up. It feels too much like paying more for less to me. I'd much rather have a netbook.

The price shocked me at first, but then I remembered that is only because I was expecting either a MacBook Tablet or something that was a little more closer to a netbook. This being more like a giant iPod than a real tablet, the price isn't that shocking.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.