Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 547

Thread: Project Stealthlow

  1. #201
    Overclocked BS Mods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Union Washington
    Posts
    333

    Default Re: Project Stealthlow

    Looking great. That is such a nice design.

    Since your countersink went dull you can also use a drill bit that is about twice the size of the hole. Just use it gently or by hand even.

    Also, clean up that work area!!
    Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid. - John Wayne

  2. #202
    The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Idaho, USA
    Posts
    3,052

    Default Re: Project Stealthlow

    OK. I am now lurking (cough cough) this worklog.

    Have I given you enough rep yet?
    jk

    *Apparently I have.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

    Tri.fecta

  3. #203
    A.B. normal msmrx57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Western Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,602

    Default Re: Project Stealthlow

    Very nice indeed. As far as attaching it to the mobo if theres no flex in the mobo tray or back panel there's no reason at all. Most cases just aren't built this well.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

  4. #204
    Now making cases for the heck of it =) Waynio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Manchester / UK
    Posts
    1,661

    Default Re: Project Stealthlow

    Quote Originally Posted by BS Mods View Post
    Looking great. That is such a nice design.

    Since your countersink went dull you can also use a drill bit that is about twice the size of the hole. Just use it gently or by hand even.

    Also, clean up that work area!!
    Thanks BS , I've ordered a new countersink bit & yeah it's about time I cleaned & tidied the garage .

    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    OK. I am now lurking (cough cough) this worklog.

    Have I given you enough rep yet?
    jk

    *Apparently I have.
    hehe Thanks AmEv .

    Quote Originally Posted by msmrx57 View Post
    Very nice indeed. As far as attaching it to the mobo if theres no flex in the mobo tray or back panel there's no reason at all. Most cases just aren't built this well.
    LOL thanks msmrx57 .

    A bit that I think every diy modder fears getting wrong when making the mobo mounts is done & correct so with me not being a drinker or anything I'll post a load of pics instead lol .

    So, I put the case on it's side with the io shield in.


    Took my last pc & placed it in the case.


    Held it up enough to have the io bits fit inside the shield & drawn along the edge & with the edge being drawn I could remove the io shield.




    Then line the board up to the line & poke a marker through to get the exact mounting positions, then spot drilled, then drilled, then tried tapping but the tap fell straight through , so I either used the wrong drill bit or drilled it badly so I went back to the trusty brass inserts & made the hole 4mm & whacked them in .


    Then put the standoffs in.






    Tadaaa & wooooo hooooooo .




















    Now all I need to do is drill & file the expansion slots in the mobo panel.

    Also I pre-drilled the positions for the fan mount bars.

  5. #205
    Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    MD, USA
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: Project Stealthlow

    Wow, I finally got around to reading through the last few pages, and I am impressed. I don't think I've rep'd you for this in a while, so here ya go.

    I'm glad you get the IO/PCI mask/frame/whatever sorted out, it looks awesome, and much more in the theme of the case than a wimpy steel shell one would have.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

  6. #206
    Now making cases for the heck of it =) Waynio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Manchester / UK
    Posts
    1,661

    Default Re: Project Stealthlow

    Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Wow, I finally got around to reading through the last few pages, and I am impressed. I don't think I've rep'd you for this in a while, so here ya go.

    I'm glad you get the IO/PCI mask/frame/whatever sorted out, it looks awesome, and much more in the theme of the case than a wimpy steel shell one would have.
    Thanks 88 but wow it would be soo much nicer to have access to CNC for that pci/io piece could have been done so much faster but I'll have some basic templates to make the process much quicker when I have a go in the future , by the way the solid pci piece cost about £20 so is £10 less than a standard one .

  7. #207
    The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Idaho, USA
    Posts
    3,052

    Default Re: Project Stealthlow

    Huge. 0.0
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

    Tri.fecta

  8. #208
    Now making cases for the heck of it =) Waynio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Manchester / UK
    Posts
    1,661

    Default Re: Project Stealthlow

    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Huge. 0.0
    LOL yeah it is a bit .

    Just ordered a 10mm counterbore which I'll need to mod the pilot for m3 size for the fan mount bars so they fit snug inside the positions .

  9. #209
    Custom Title Honors
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: Project Stealthlow

    i fcan't believe you would let somethig as nasty as that heatsink anywhere close to that sexy ass case.

  10. #210
    Now making cases for the heck of it =) Waynio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Manchester / UK
    Posts
    1,661

    Default Re: Project Stealthlow

    Quote Originally Posted by xr4man View Post
    i fcan't believe you would let somethig as nasty as that heatsink anywhere close to that sexy ass case.
    Ah but that will make the new parts look all the more better .
    Thanks xr4man .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •