Looking great. That is such a nice design.
Since your countersink went dull you can also use a drill bit that is about twice the size of the hole. Just use it gently or by hand even.
Also, clean up that work area!!![]()
Looking great. That is such a nice design.
Since your countersink went dull you can also use a drill bit that is about twice the size of the hole. Just use it gently or by hand even.
Also, clean up that work area!!![]()
Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid. - John Wayne
OK. I am now lurking (cough cough) this worklog.
Have I given you enough rep yet?
jk
*Apparently I have.
Thanks BS, I've ordered a new countersink bit & yeah it's about time I cleaned & tidied the garage
.
hehe Thanks AmEv.
LOL thanks msmrx57.
A bit that I think every diy modder fears getting wrong when making the mobo mounts is done & correct so with me not being a drinker or anything I'll post a load of pics instead lol
.
So, I put the case on it's side with the io shield in.
Took my last pc & placed it in the case.
Held it up enough to have the io bits fit inside the shield & drawn along the edge & with the edge being drawn I could remove the io shield.
Then line the board up to the line & poke a marker through to get the exact mounting positions, then spot drilled, then drilled, then tried tapping but the tap fell straight through, so I either used the wrong drill bit or drilled it badly so I went back to the trusty brass inserts & made the hole 4mm & whacked them in
.
Then put the standoffs in.
Tadaaa & wooooo hooooooo.
Now all I need to do is drill & file the expansion slots in the mobo panel.
Also I pre-drilled the positions for the fan mount bars.
my 1st scratch case made july 2008 (finding my feet)
Air Cube prototype (fin jan 2009) (still finding my feet)
Air Cube v2 now with added cpc stack (fin aug 2010) (getting better)
Project Stealthlow (fin sep 2011) (much improvement)
Lean and Green - modular dual PC scratch build - Paused
Midlag Crisis
Wow, I finally got around to reading through the last few pages, and I am impressed. I don't think I've rep'd you for this in a while, so here ya go.
I'm glad you get the IO/PCI mask/frame/whatever sorted out, it looks awesome, and much more in the theme of the case than a wimpy steel shell one would have.![]()
TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EVThat we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
--Benjamin Franklin
Thanks 88
but wow it would be soo much nicer to have access to CNC for that pci/io piece could have been done so much faster but I'll have some basic templates to make the process much quicker when I have a go in the future
, by the way the solid pci piece cost about £20 so is £10 less than a standard one
.
my 1st scratch case made july 2008 (finding my feet)
Air Cube prototype (fin jan 2009) (still finding my feet)
Air Cube v2 now with added cpc stack (fin aug 2010) (getting better)
Project Stealthlow (fin sep 2011) (much improvement)
Lean and Green - modular dual PC scratch build - Paused
Midlag Crisis
Huge. 0.0
my 1st scratch case made july 2008 (finding my feet)
Air Cube prototype (fin jan 2009) (still finding my feet)
Air Cube v2 now with added cpc stack (fin aug 2010) (getting better)
Project Stealthlow (fin sep 2011) (much improvement)
Lean and Green - modular dual PC scratch build - Paused
Midlag Crisis
i fcan't believe you would let somethig as nasty as that heatsink anywhere close to that sexy ass case.
my 1st scratch case made july 2008 (finding my feet)
Air Cube prototype (fin jan 2009) (still finding my feet)
Air Cube v2 now with added cpc stack (fin aug 2010) (getting better)
Project Stealthlow (fin sep 2011) (much improvement)
Lean and Green - modular dual PC scratch build - Paused
Midlag Crisis