Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Stealthlow

Now making cases for the heck of it =) Waynio's Avatar

Default Re: Project Stealthlow

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Mmm, that should look nice.
    Cheers 88 but I missed my chance of getting to the sorting office again so nothing new until I do .

I went & cut the dark tint to go with original plan of alternating the tints I also had to mount the 2mm clear acrylic pieces to the other side before I could stick the windows to it & had to bolt it down in quite a few spots so the tinted windows would stay flush.

Yeah so the function part is spot on but cosmetically if viewed from some perspectives & with the right lighting it looks bad but found under the good lighting in my room it looks pretty sweet.

Enjoy the pics for now though .

This shot really shows how bad looking the blobs are.

One panel partially done but requires some good thinking to hide the adhesive messes .

And up next the right panel.

Suggestions welcome, not sure if I should re attempt doing these windows with a different fixing technique, I have thought about adding trim but wow I'll need to ponder on designs that will compliment the original design which will be hard but doable I think, could even prompt me to try something a little arty but it would have to be quite subtle to look right .

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Looks nice.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Looks nice.
    Cheers 88 .

Stewed on it for a while & listened to other peoples suggestions & Monkey Puzzle on bit-tech came up with a great solution that allows to keep with the original design, basically it's using thicker acrylic at 5mm thick & make each window about 10 to 20mm longer on both ends, then file the face of the extended ends down by 3mm & slot in place using simple clear strong mounting tape on the tabs, this way I can keep it all perfectly clean looking .

Ordered the new acrylic & new alu sheet & in the meantime I'll get the sleeving completed & with being busy doing this project I've not been gaming & not been buying new games so the spare cash went on this, 1 thing for sure is I won't be doing another megabuild for quite a while after this lol, I'll probably do some really cheap ones though .

One last look at the case before I do the new panel & windows, the new alu sheet came today.

Got the ATX, CPU, PCI-X, Sata power cables complete & my index finger is partially numb with grasping the pliers soooo hard lol, hopefully feeling will return & it's only temporary .

And tested all cables .

Still got Molex cables & fan cables to sleeve but they should be far far far easier going on my hands lol .

I sent corsair the email to jackflash & ramguy on the 24-Mar about me knackering the main ATX cable when trying to sleeve it, even mentioning I'm willing to pay for it since it was me who screwed up the cable lol then I joined their forum after googling about corsair support & seeing quite a few people waiting forever, made a new thread just to get in the picture of how it works, a moderator said they don't reply but instead just send out the replacement cables as soon as they are available, anyway I got an email on the 28th saying they don't have any at the moment but as soon as they have they'll get 1 sent out , the next day I got another email saying thanks for contacting corsair customer support please allow 1-2 business days for process .

Today it arrived in the post awesome, thats good going since it had to ship from America but an awesome chap on another forum made diagrams of where the wires go before starting doing his so I had it fixed well before the replacement cable came lol but nontheless corsair came though .

So I guess people who have been waiting a really long time either didn't communicate too well with them or contacted the wrong email or it got lost in post, for me they were very good & I wouldn't need to think twice about buying more corsair stuff, good service & I'd expect even better if your in the US so I give corsair 2 thumbs up .

Here is the new cable not that it's needed now though.

Great to hear about Corsair's customer support. The only interaction I've had with them was RAM RMA's (most likely a different group too), but they were always very prompt with those.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Great to hear about Corsair's customer support. The only interaction I've had with them was RAM RMA's (most likely a different group too), but they were always very prompt with those.
    Yeah they made a good impression on me so now know why people stick with them shame they don't have a closer base though I automatically thought they would have with being so popular .

The acrylic has landed so have the materials to get started .

holy wow this thing has progressed since the last time I saw it!! I absolutely love this case!! very cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat333 View Post
    holy wow this thing has progressed since the last time I saw it!! I absolutely love this case!! very cool.
    Thanks a lot billygoat333 .

Ah you will all just have to take my word for it that I've completed the alu work on the new side panel & for the first time ever I modded out in the garden & wow it was a really nice change, had a bit to clean up but was worth it, so much nicer modding out in the open with the sun out, hopefully it will be nice the next day or 2 so I can carry on modding outside .

Got the sheet marked, cut, all the windows cut out, mounting holes added, filed & sanded all the inside & outside edges & brushed both sides, you have all seen this process before lol, this time I didn't even clamp the panel down while cutting so was able to complete the cutting a lot faster than usual & was just as accurate.

Tomorrow if I can find the time I'll start on cutting the 5mm acrylic windows

Ah who am I kidding I just had to go & take a picture even though you've all seen this many times, not got my tripod at hand though, making this case has been a little like playing braid lol .

And here is the window pieces from my last effort, taken this morning so had the tripod at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
    making this case has been a little like playing braid lol .
    Hahahaha, delightfully nerdy statement.

The new window/side panel looks great.
    --Benjamin Franklin