Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: opinions wanted for new monitor

Default opinions wanted for new monitor

So I could use a new monitor for my desktop. I currently use a 15" LCD that basically sucks. I watch a lot of movies/anime on my computer (even the 15" is bigger than my TV) and need a better monitors. I used to use a 19" CRT but that is too big and looks bad on my glass desk. I am either going to order this within the week or wait for a few months if i dont see anything i like.

Basically I want:
    -22" Widesceen
    -at or under $200
    -newegg.com preferred

Right now I am thinking that this would be perfect:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236051

I just want second opinions or other possibly suggestions.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

Default Re: opinions wanted for new monitor

Looks nice and seems to have positive reviews.
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

I have an Acer P221W similar to this one and couldn't be happier with it.

I also have an acer 22" and love it. no problems whatsoever. Do you have a circuit city nearby? they are closing and have some ok deals, think it was like 20% off lowest price atm. gonna go lower too I am waiting to stock up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Anodized

I just ordered the 22" Acer LCD
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824009145
    Should have been here today but Newegg dropped the ball and didn't ship it til today, and UPS ****ed up with shipping and it had to be rerouted, so wont be here til Tuesday :[ but oh well, I'm getting new graphics card on Monday. EVGA 9800GT to replace MSI 8500GT yay.

Anodized

i would say you are on the right track with the asus monitor. i have a hanns g and a samsung. i got my samsung for about 230 when it was on sale, its a 216bw. if you dont mind the extra cash it is well worth it.

The Asus looks nice. Plus you get 1080 out of a sub-22" screen which is nice.

The secondary 22" i picked up after Xmas, was the Acer P221WBD, which is definitely nice for the price I snagged it. The colors weren't as vibrant and rich as my other 22", but I payed well more than double for that one. It also had considerable more backlight bleed than my other, but again, I went with price. The menu buttons settings I couldn't really rectify the issues very much, but using some custom color profiles in Nvidia control panel got it to match the more expensive panel color wise pretty well.

I just ordered the monitor last night. I'll post opinions when I get it. I am a little upset already though, less than a day since I bought it and the price went down $10. Going to email them about that, kinda unfair.
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift

Overclocked

I sell that moniter at my work and I can say this it sells well and you dont normaly see it comeing back.. has hdmi and for that price looks really good.. not many moniters can suport the 1080p rez unless you go bigger.. so for the size price its not bad its 16:9 instead od 16:10 like most widescreen moniters more like a tv

It finally arrived! Three day shipping me behind though. I placed order on Sun and it came in on Fri while I was at work.

I am a little annoyed because less than 24hr after i ordered it newegg dropped the price by $10. Although it isn't enough money to bother me a whole lot. While 16:10 seems to be the standard for computer monitors I kinda like the 16:9. I mostly use the PC for media, so it is nice to have it more like a TV.

First impressions so far are awesome. I was using a noname 15" lcd with serious backlight bleed and weird coloring for a while now. I think I actually game a little better with this as I can see details better now. This monitor now makes me realize the proper potential of my computer. I may post a review later on after I use it for a bit.
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift