Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: newegg youve out done yourselves

Default newegg youve out done yourselves

so i just ordered a thermal take duorb cpu cooler and some arctic silver 5 thermal compound and just got in in the mail today and this is what i see in the bottom of the box

is that not amazing or what all that bubble wrap for the thermal compound lol
    "it only takes one voice to start a revolution"

Default Re: newegg youve out done yourselves

There is a reason we rave about this site so much.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

So, the CPU is shipping separately, and will come in a crate delivered on a flat-bed?

incidentaly this is the system the duorb is going into once i get it up and running I'll post some temps

not a bad machine for $700

by the by for those of you who noticed the lack of ram thats because its sitting in my main rig at the moment putting me up to 8 gigs (at least until I get an os for this one)

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Hahaha, nice. I remember once when I ordered an OEM HDD from them and it came by itself in a box about 2' square, right in the middle and surrounded by a ridiculous number of packing peanuts.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Hahaha, nice. I remember once when I ordered an OEM HDD from them and it came by itself in a box about 2' square, right in the middle and surrounded by a ridiculous number of packing peanuts.
    Its to bad they don't do that anymore . Now you get them wrapped in maybe 2 layers of bubble wrap and then the rest of the box is "flatpac" which is little more than heavy paper. For that reason I don't use UPS/free saver shipping for hard drives.
    Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol

nope they still do the peanuts thing this box was ridiculously filled with em and the cooler itself was wrapped in so much bubble wrap that i am no longer worried about moving my fine china to my new house next week by the by its a service for 24 so thats one hell of a lot of bubble wrap

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raistnox View Post
    nope they still do the peanuts thing this box was ridiculously filled with em and the cooler itself was wrapped in so much bubble wrap that i am no longer worried about moving my fine china to my new house next week by the by its a service for 24 so thats one hell of a lot of bubble wrap
    +1 to that. I recently bought a 2.5" sata hard drive from newegg. I swear the packing peanuts weighed more than the drive!
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

Nice PC. I just wanted to say I have the same fan cover. Even though my PC is more than 3 years old.

lol its my wifes we didnt even know about the fan covers until we unboxed it

as for the temps on the duorb i dropped my hdd into the new tower to test it out se if there are any problems with the hardware and what-not and so far my idles temps on a phenom 9750 quad core are 29.27c
    and under load from benchmarking it peaked at 32.3c so overall id say the duorb is a good buy little on the large side as you can tell so find yourself a slim fan for the back if you get one